so im really low on money and pretty much broke as fuck 18 year old lives at home struggling to find a job.but.... my birthdays coming up and ive been selling alot of old stuff i dont use anymore and while im currently on house arest i have time to do these things. id like to paint my car and get all the body work done my plan is to get the body work done and all the dents and everything nice and smoothed out then paint the car.i dont wana just spray can over the stock paint job i wana sand all of that off body will anything that needs to be get everything smooth use a good primor cote becouse that would be cheaper then i wana spray paint the car a black color i want spray paint becouse i kinda like the sorta flat look even with glossy color paint idk theres just something i like about a car thats been painted that way so i figure id do it right by doing a real base coat pretty much what im asking for is advice on rust repair tiny dent repair and help with the base coat and final coat

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

• 2 weeks later...

To fix minor rust spots and dings you need to sand down to bare metal and bondo it. Yo can use the factory color as a base coat, just wet sand it with 600 and clean it with thinner and your ready to spray.

''The Darkest Souls Are Not Those Wich Choose To Exist Within The Hell Of The Abyss, But Those Wich Choose To Break Free From The Abyss And Move Silently Amoung Us''

Depending on where the dent is see if you can get to it inside the car and knock it out and then just put a few layers of primer on it

1990 Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo - Summer Ride(No system yet, lookin to get it up to 450-500 horse first!)2006 Chevy Malibu - Daily DriverDC Level 5 15", 2 APSM-1500's, 3.88 cu. ft. tuned to 32hz1992 Honda Prelude - SOLD2 18" TC 3hp Woofers on a Crescendo BC3500.1d, 12.7 cu. ft. tuned to 35hz7r.png

Like Dee said, you can get some hella nice looking finished with roller paint jobs.

I think the main thing is PREP. The better job you do prepping, the better the results. There are a ton of guys that I hang with that have done roller and rattle can paint jobs with amazing results.

Here is my friends VW Rabbit that he painted. The body was done with rattle cans, the bumper and lower trim was done professionally with an HVLP system.

rabbit11.jpg

rabbit04.jpg

He spent several weeks prepping and took his time spraying and it turned out amazing.

Hope that gives you some inspiration!

Later,

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

Not too bad for what he spent, and all that sanding will make your house arrest feel like it was only a few days. 8)

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

• 2 weeks later...

cars a 98 neon shes gona need a hood a trunk and prolly a diver side fender the only main part that im concerned with rust wise is the spot where it rusted from the other side on the rear quarter panel paint was bubbled i ground all the rust down i could with a brush grinder bondoed over it and this is what has happend since. im not really sure how to stop it from coming back i feel like just cleaning it and bondoing it was not the best idea. feel like i should have done something else

i have access to 3 really good guns there older but from what my dad tells me they cost alot back in there day my dads painted his camaro and orange color when he was younger so im hoping to get some help from him instead of spray paint i might get the red paint that advanced auto parts has its just like this stuff

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PERFORMANCE-RED-Acrylic-Lacquer-Auto-Paint-1-Quart-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3a64db09a7QQitemZ250800179623QQptZMotorsQ5fAutomotiveQ5fTools#ht_500wt_1182

what id like to do is red with black rt stripes, after seeing now that they have that in clear and black i think thats the paint im gona go with it doesnt cost alot so that works well for me i think i could get away with a single qt of black cause thatll just be used for the rt stripes and prolly my door panels and dash. as for the read and clear im not to sure how much i would need since theres no mixing and its ready to be shot. sorry for my rambling and mixed up words and such if someone can read this and understand what im trying to say help me out lol

2ngttw9.jpg

qznimq.jpg

Edited by hifonics10

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.