SSD vs Q

Has Anyone one had a SSD an a Q of the same size, if so what was the diff between the sound of the woofers or what? I guess i am askin why would a person buy the Qs over the SSDs?

The Q was always regarded to be Fi's "sound quality" line. It's got a bit more power handling. To be honest, all of Fi's woofers sound great on music if they're in the right box, so I'd say it depends more on how much power you'll be throwing at the thing.

EDIT: Last summer I was putting a system in for my best friend. Was stuck between the Q and the SSD off of an Audiopipe 15001D. Wound up going with the SSD D2 with the flatwind coil and the BP Power option. Didn't throw the full 1500 at it. Set it to a little over 1200 rms. The sub didn't even get warm. It probably could have taken more but it also wasn't my car and didn't want to deal with him potentially frying the thing playing some clipped music.

Edited by Maxim

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

ive got two ssd 15s and they pound on 2 aq 1200ds go with them theyre fantastic

NEW

2011 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ

2 XS Power D3400

Kicker HyperFlex 1/0

Soundstream Vir 7870bt

OLD

2010 Jeep Patriot

2 Murdered Out Black DC LVL 4 15s With XL Recones(with 1 extra spider pack a piece)

1 Crescendo BC 3500

1 MB Quart 60.4

1 Set RF T1 6x9s Up Front

1 XS Power D3400(Front)

1 XS Power D3400(Back)

2 runs of 1/0 Kicker Hyperflex

SoundStream Vir 7870bt

Fat Mat Rattle Trap Xtreme

[www.youtube.com/tntravelers33]

FEEDBACK

Iv heard... just what iv heard... if you are in between the q and bl go with the bl because it gets a lot louder. Now ssd and q? No idea... just do yourself a favor and get a btl. You will thank yourself later down the road. :D

I owned a 10 inch q and sealed it. I loved it sealed, sounded amazing id recomend it for sure.

04' Chevy Blazer

-Kenwood KIV-BT900, Infinity Kappa 462.9cfp's, Rockford P1653's, Subs... Ridin Stock-

• 2 weeks later...

I know the Q is made along side of SQ, but can it get some good vibrations?

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm