Second Skin Audio

jl W6 version 1

MustangGT

Black sticker on bottom that has info you just looked at, little mesh grill over pole vent, cardboard bs shit for a gasket, and a rubber boot? plus spade terminals on each side that are riveted on and look like shit lol? i found the w6 i have and i would never have paid for it after i looked at it closer lol. if it meets the criteria listed its a version 1 12w6 the manual is on jl's site under discontinued.

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

is it worth it though? and how would I wire it I read it's a 6 ohm sub and 300 watts Rms

It's dual 6 ohm. Use it or don't it's free so how could it not be worth it? I've been running the same 3 on 600watts each for 12 years sealed.

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

Parallel. If you wire the whole thing in parallel it will take you down to 3ohms. If you had two and went all parallel you would be down to 1.5ohm. I have mine on a RF Prime 250 only seeing like 200 and it has a decent amount of bass. Mine was in working order tho. See how much repair costs would be. More than like 40 i would say no not worth it, less than 40 go for it.

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

ok I checked eBay for the refoam and it's 20 bucks I'm going to buy it. my other question is I'm going to wire it down to 3 ohms and my amp @ 2 ohms is 500, how many watts will I actually be sending to the sub. and would it be loud. ?

Archived