Jump to content

Does cone area come into play with mids and highs?


FreekDesignz

Recommended Posts

Posted

A friend of mine has a 98' ford econoline which still has the stock 6x9's in the front and back doors which are blown and sound like $hit. He said I could look into getting some new speakers for his van. I know when it comes to subs that cone area has some say in how the sub will perform. But is that true for full range speakers.

I was looking at putting some Rockford T1692's in the front and back doors but after doing some measuring I figured that I could put 1 set of Rockford T142's in each door. So instead of having 4 6x9's he could have 8 4's. Would this be a smart idea? Would less cone aera make a noticeable difference in the sound quality?

Posted

i would just do the 6x9's as you dont need to do any mods to the doors,

Pioneer deh-80prs2 10" Tantric Sounds HD's Ported Box Tuned to 33hzSoundqubed 3500.1Hertz HSK 165Tantric Sounds 6.5" Coaxials80sq ft of MurdermatXs Power D3400 & D3100

Sky High Car Audio Cable Throughout

Posted

4"s will work great for midrange, vocals, but wont have much output for midbass. a larger speaker wont handle midrange as well but can have more midbass. that is a general statement, there are exceptions. how much does he want to spend? will all these be off HU power??

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1295 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...