well my uncle inherited a tv from his mom when she past and the picture is bad, and a friend of mine has the exact same tv as well with the same problem

its real hazy with white glow in the back and not much color output with a 720p or 1080i signal to it

the tv is a Philips 55PW9363 55" Widescreen HD-Ready TV, here is a pic

s_p_28033_1__93175_zoom.jpg

is there a way to fix his tv and if so what would be wrong with it? i thought it might be a light bulb or something but i dunno, he wants a cheap fix, if not he will prolly throw it away, i might be the one to fix it for him, i can prolly order him the parts off the net if i knew what it was to fix it

plz help :)

reason for edit = that aint the exact same tv as the inputs are different but it looks exactly like that from the front if that helps

Edited by tacomabanga1986

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

do you possibly have a pic of it acting up? I know the refresh bars of the tv are a pain in the butt to get past in a picture but see if you can get a pic of it doing it.

It sounds kinda like you may have a dirty pinwheel if it is a projection tv which it looks like or your bulb is on the way out. Try to clean the color pinwheel inside it and the bulb but be very careful and gentle with it.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

also, projection tv's sometimes have ways that you can align and adjust the picture just like a crt tv. Its a pain in the ass to do and if you do it wrong you can either get a shock of your life or make the tv worse than it was before you started working on it.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

i mean it plays a decent picture but has a white haze over it when its turned on, doesn't matter what's connected to it

it doesn't look like its getting full color output, its like there all mixing together and getting a glow around objects and what knot

if u want a idea, take ur lcd or w/e tv u got, put on a pare of glasses, take off the glasses, rub it with ur fingers then put em back on, thats what it looks like

i kno they got that reflector thing in it but i dunno if thats got anything to do with it

to work on it can i just take off the back panel to get to everything or is there another way to do so?

also one of the rca audio outputs dont work, i tried to get his surround sound to work with it but it wont

he hates going from a lcd to a rear projection lol

i might try what u said tommrow to see if that helps

its set for a few months without being played, would that have anything to do with it?

also if the bulb is bad where do u get those as i dont think they sell these type tvs anymore?

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

heres a video i found from youtube on how it looks while working

not his tv but u get the idea

is this normal or is there something wrong with it? a friend has the exact same problem on the exact same tv

the haze like that usually means that either the mirrors inside are just dirty or the light needs cleaning or what not. or like superjay said the crt's inside are out of tune which is the biggest pain in the ass to set by yourself because you are in the back of the tv screwing around with it and you cant see shit on the front of the tv to see how well it is or isnt being aligned. and trust me when i tuned my 27" samsung hdtv crt set, it was the biggest pain in the ass. I got it working even better than it did out of the box but it took me months of screwing with everything and a few nasty shocks from slipping with the tools and hitting the wrong parts. haha.

If anything, try to do just this. Get your computer and download pictures that have nothing but a picture for pure red, pure green, and pure blue (since these tv's have one crt display of red, green, and blue inside them) and see if by displaying just these pure colors if it is blurry. If it isnt then that proves flat out that your crt's are out of alignment and need to be re-calibrated which is something that can be done but its a pain in the ass.

I've had several projection tv's. They are fixable, but if you want my honest opinion, just make entertainment for yourself by watching it burn, and invest in a flatscreen.

he has a flat screen but he was gunna put it in his bedroom and keep this in the living room

his mom died and they gave it to him so i dunno what he's going to do, i mean he has nothing invested in it but u kno what i mean

this is like its doing also

what about this?

maby its dirty

i'll take the pictures and put it on a dvd and see what it does

will this help

i tried to tell him it had 3 different color projectors in it but he was like "why the fuk wont it go clear?" lol

i'll try to work on it tommrow