Sonic Electronix

Want a new car, but what kind? Suggest!

The mileage is a lil high at 143,000 but it is a SOLID truck. They kept great care of it and maintained the shit out of it, they gave us a 3ring binder 2inches thick with all the maintenance recipes in it. And they just had the tranny rebuilt 16,000 miles ago. Here's a picture. We bought it 6 days ago.

572b146b.jpg

d72d49b0.jpg

Edit- the gas mileage is showing that I get about 14 while I'm doing around town but the tires are a lil larger than stock so I'm not sure how accurate that is. But the window sticker (which they gave us!) shows 13-18 city and 18-23 highway I believe.

fuck you and your black tahoe lol. there was ligit NO black hoes around me. always wanted a murdered out car now i gotta settle with a tn and black combo. ughh i wanna get a paint job so bad but flat black is kinda expensive lol.

and op if youve seen any of meades vids (which im sure/hope you have) then you know the crazy room you have to work with

It's not black it's charcoal! :D

The mileage is a lil high at 143,000 but it is a SOLID truck. They kept great care of it and maintained the shit out of it, they gave us a 3ring binder 2inches thick with all the maintenance recipes in it. And they just had the tranny rebuilt 16,000 miles ago. Here's a picture. We bought it 6 days ago.

572b146b.jpg

d72d49b0.jpg

Edit- the gas mileage is showing that I get about 14 while I'm doing around town but the tires are a lil larger than stock so I'm not sure how accurate that is. But the window sticker (which they gave us!) shows 13-18 city and 18-23 highway I believe.

fuck you and your black tahoe lol. there was ligit NO black hoes around me. always wanted a murdered out car now i gotta settle with a tn and black combo. ughh i wanna get a paint job so bad but flat black is kinda expensive lol.

and op if youve seen any of meades vids (which im sure/hope you have) then you know the crazy room you have to work with

damn that is amazing, thats exaclty what I want, black, loaded!!! Lucky Bastard!! Your lucky in cali, you dont have to deal with the snow and salt which destroys cars! but you have weird emissions laws and that

Edited by dereileak

2006 Mazda3 Hatchback Black 5 Spd Manual
Pioneer 4300DVD
2 Sundown SA-12 (34hz Tune, 3.22 cubes, 14.5 inches per cube, Triple Baffle)
Kicker 10ZX2500.1 (2845 RMS) Sub Amp
Kicker 11ZX650.4 (705 RMS) Mid Amp -- (3 Amps)
Kicker KQ3 Active Crossover
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer
Kicker 09QS60.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones)
Kicker 09QS65.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones) - (3 Sets)
2/0 Gauge Electron Beam Technologies (3 Runs, 2 +, 1 -)

1/0 Gauge KNU Kollasal Flex (1 Run for -)

300 Ft Kicker X-Series 16 Gauge Speaker Wire
XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)
Singer Externally Regulated Alternator (Being Built)

+ The Love for Car Audio and BASS <3

UBL Build Log <------- Click Here-------> Normal Build Log (For Comments)

what do you guys think of this one? what could I talk him down to :DLink to Awesome Tahoe my only concern is why is it selling for what it is, am I going to get it and the tranny goes 300 miles later?

Pioneer 4300DVD
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer

XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)

Yea the emission laws suck balls, but when we registered the Tahoe in our name we had to smog it and it passed with flying colors! I have a 94 burban that has needed a catilitic converter TWICE in the last 15,000 miles. Needless to say that thing is gonna be sold soon.

what do you guys think of this one? what could I talk him down to :DLink to Awesome Tahoe my only concern is why is it selling for what it is, am I going to get it and the tranny goes 300 miles later?

For a dealer, that's a pretty low price. I'd go over that thing with a VERY fine tooth comb before you buy it. Maybe even take it to a shop and have them check it out.

Edit- just checked KBB and it shows that vehicle is retailing for $10,500.

Edited by glohubby05

my cousins 02 tahoe has 170,000 with zero problems on tranny and engine and rides just like new

cowboys_logo.gif

For a dealer, that's a pretty low price. I'd go over that thing with a VERY fine tooth comb before you buy it. Maybe even take it to a shop and have them check it out.

Edit- just checked KBB and it shows that vehicle is retailing for $10,500.

I would love to get it checked out first, but I dont really know of any mechanics, wonder what they charged, thats not bad as for a price, I imagine if I waved 8,500 infront of them they would take it, but I would still have to take out a loan, and do all this, gotta sell my van first too, I may have to start taking out all the stuff, I gotta go to a salvage yard and get all the panels I modified

Pioneer 4300DVD
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer

XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)

If you by a tahoe or yukon, gas milage is gonna suck. I bought my yukon brand new and averaged 16.4mpg with 50/50 highway city driving. The minute i put the 22's on, 13.4 mpg. And dont forget the added weight with your system is also gonna affect gas mileage. The trannys are ok in these trucks. The diffs also. If you dont beat up your truck and service the fluids and such as recomended, you should be good with getting the most out of your truck. My boy just did a tranny on a 02 tahoe two weeks ago. thehoe92 i think blew out his rear diff. But like i said, maintain the car and dont beat the fuck out of it and shell be good to you

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3

If you by a tahoe or yukon, gas milage is gonna suck. I bought my yukon brand new and averaged 16.4mpg with 50/50 highway city driving. The minute i put the 22's on, 13.4 mpg. And dont forget the added weight with your system is also gonna affect gas mileage. The trannys are ok in these trucks. The diffs also. If you dont beat up your truck and service the fluids and such as recomended, you should be good with getting the most out of your truck. My boy just did a tranny on a 02 tahoe two weeks ago. thehoe92 i think blew out his rear diff. But like i said, maintain the car and dont beat the fuck out of it and shell be good to you

thats the issue, Im not gonna beat the hell out of it, but I have no way of knowing if the person before me did, you know, maybe I should look at some other models, I really like the yukon/tahoes, but gas mileage is pretty bad, hmmm, so much to think about :(

Pioneer 4300DVD
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer

XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)

Thats the problem when buying used cars in general, you have no clue how the other person took care of it before you. For example, im a volvo tech at a volvo dealer. I sold my wifes Nissan Sentra and was looking for a older Volvo wagon for my wife, as she wanted a larger car. So, found one. Had the owner bring it to my job for me to inspect. Found worn tires, oil leak, bad left inner tie rod, rear brakes needed to be replaced, leaking radiator, master window switch needed to be repalced, cracked shift knob button. So the owner had no clue except for the tires that any of this was bad. I actually showed him the bad parts. We agreed on a price and I purchased it. On the way back from buying the car, my wife was driving it and she calls me as im following her and says that the abs/tracs/check engine light all came on. I said dont worry and i know what it needs. Then 1 minute later, she calls me again saying the speedo stopped working ( same problem as the warning lights ). The next day im driving it now and i smell coolant in the car, heater core leaking. So even though i inspected the car prior to purchase, there was still other issues with it afterwards. Thats the risk of buying used.

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3