Sax1200d electrical needs

Alright I just installed a blowthrough in my crew cab silverado, it consists of 2sa12's and a sundown sax1200d, I'm running it at .5 ohms so I need to know exactly what I NEED to do electrically? I already changed my stock battery to a yellow top optima. My lights dim quite a bit when I'm playing music and I can see my battery voltage on my cluster drop down so I know I'm In need of some changes, just wanna do what's necessary! I have 4 gauge running to my sub amp....Thanks!

dude you posted at 2am (central time zone) and bumped it at 10. the forum is usually VERY inactive after like 11pm. but to answer your question, start off by doing the big 3 in 1/0 wire. you can find a tutorial in the Electrical section.

Edited by Kranny

There are a few things you can try:

Big 3 with 0gauge wire

2nd battery in the back

If u install a second battery run 2 runs of 0gauge

This should help considerably

Edited by Saturn

(4) Quantum Audio 1" Tweeters

(2) RF P1 6.5" Speakers

(2) Orion Cobalt 12" CO124s

Audiopipe APSM-4050 (Component Amp)

Audiopipe APSM-1300 (Subs Amp)

first off you need to dump that 4 gauged and switch out to ALL zero gauge wire.. For your big 3 included. THEN ied look into running some better batteries. Optima are ok but as for running .5 on a stock alt im assuming, ur greatly damaging ur electrical system and not using what you have to it full potential bc the electrical cant keep up with the demands on the amp. Ied lookin in to some huge kinetiks or some xs power batteries and possible a small high out alt.. something thats at least getting yo a 150 at idle

he wouldnt be the first to say they did a 167 with a system like that (one that clearly DOESNT), but i have to say, he didnt beat me anywhere, ive never competed against the guy. If he thinks his does a 167, mine would probably put him in a coma. :hairtrick:

first off you need to dump that 4 gauged and switch out to ALL zero gauge wire.. For your big 3 included. THEN ied look into running some better batteries. Optima are ok but as for running .5 on a stock alt im assuming, ur greatly damaging ur electrical system and not using what you have to it full potential bc the electrical cant keep up with the demands on the amp. Ied lookin in to some huge kinetiks or some xs power batteries and possible a small high out alt.. something thats at least getting yo a 150 at idle

god dammit here we go again with the insane unnecessary upgrades. its a fucking ~1500w amp, what does he need a brand new alternator for? i have an audioque 1200 and a 200w RF amp on a 70 amp alternator and i just have the big 3 done and i drop AT MOST a half a volt. and the sax has 4 gauge inputs so i'd like to see how he'll fit it in there without a reducer or a distribution block. also, ive seen an audioque 2200 run at .5 DAILY on a stock alternator and a red top under the hood with drops down to 13v. there is no need to be spending +$500 on freaking batteries and alternators. yes he can benefit from a secondary battery but it doesnt need to be the biggest, most gigantic battery that some manufacturer sells.

Edited by Kranny

god dammit here we go again with the insane unnecessary upgrades. its a fucking ~1500w amp, what does he need a brand new alternator for? i have an audioque 1200 and a 200w RF amp on a 70 amp alternator and i just have the big 3 done and i drop AT MOST a half a volt. and the sax has 4 gauge inputs so i'd like to see how he'll fit it in there without a reducer or a distribution block. also, ive seen an audioque 2200 run at .5 DAILY on a stock alternator and a red top under the hood with drops down to 13v. there is no need to be spending +$500 on freaking batteries and alternators. yes he can benefit from a secondary battery but it doesnt need to be the biggest, most gigantic battery that some manufacturer sells.

:lol::good:

Edited by Saturn

(4) Quantum Audio 1" Tweeters

(2) RF P1 6.5" Speakers

(2) Orion Cobalt 12" CO124s

Audiopipe APSM-4050 (Component Amp)

Audiopipe APSM-1300 (Subs Amp)

errr no need for a alt in ths set up sure its wise if op is upgrading later but its nott needed. how ever the big 3 and a 0 guage run to the back and a second battery is a wise option for this set up

1) lookj to left

2) NOTICE BLKUE

3) ME > Y9OU

4) that is all

god dammit here we go again with the insane unnecessary upgrades. its a fucking ~1500w amp, what does he need a brand new alternator for? i have an audioque 1200 and a 200w RF amp on a 70 amp alternator and i just have the big 3 done and i drop AT MOST a half a volt. and the sax has 4 gauge inputs so i'd like to see how he'll fit it in there without a reducer or a distribution block. also, ive seen an audioque 2200 run at .5 DAILY on a stock alternator and a red top under the hood with drops down to 13v. there is no need to be spending +$500 on freaking batteries and alternators.

Well congrats on what you are running sir. :woot: and also congrast on what you have seen :good: .But running that amp at .5 is require alot of power. and there is nothing wrong with over kill. im only running a 3500 watt system but i have a 270 amp alt an 3 xs power d3400s. So if ur saying my information is wrong. i would like to know y. There is nothing wrong with having extra power if needed. and if he already has to run that amp at .5 to get the power he is looking for he will be looking for a up grade in no time..

he wouldnt be the first to say they did a 167 with a system like that (one that clearly DOESNT), but i have to say, he didnt beat me anywhere, ive never competed against the guy. If he thinks his does a 167, mine would probably put him in a coma. :hairtrick:

Well congrats on what you are running sir. :woot: and also congrast on what you have seen :good: .But running that amp at .5 is require alot of power. and there is nothing wrong with over kill. im only running a 3500 watt system but i have a 270 amp alt an 3 xs power d3400s. So if ur saying my information is wrong. i would like to know y. There is nothing wrong with having extra power if needed. and if he already has to run that amp at .5 to get the power he is looking for he will be looking for a up grade in no time..

another member on here that lives by me has a Goliath on a stock cobalt alternator (135 amps or something) and 2 hc1400's (iirc) in the trunk. he said he drops to 13 or so. im not saying there is no problem with having that extra output on demand, but when he doesnt need it there is no point imho. he never stated he was going to upgrade as well. a secondary battery and the big 3 and he should be fine. alot of people on here (not talking about you) think that dropping under 14v means that their whole car is going to blow up. and when said people give advice, then they make the OP spend alot of unnecessary money for something that they dont really need at that point in time.

Edited by Kranny