Sonic Electronix

^^^

I wouldnt listen to this guy tho because he is completely wrong about everything he put. Having one set at a different frequency as the other will casuse cancellation and sound like complete ass. You can not have 18s for lows 12s for mids and 10s for highs like he is sayting.

It aint the best thing in the world to do but keep them in separate chambers and tune it all at the same frequency they will be fine. its very very very ghetto and there isnt any point of doing it but I know a guy who will do high 140s with 2 12 and 2 15s

gonna assume that was sarcasm

Hard to tell on forums... LOL!

^^^

I wouldnt listen to this guy tho because he is completely wrong about everything he put. Having one set at a different frequency as the other will casuse cancellation and sound like complete ass. You can not have 18s for lows 12s for mids and 10s for highs like he is sayting.

It aint the best thing in the world to do but keep them in separate chambers and tune it all at the same frequency they will be fine. its very very very ghetto and there isnt any point of doing it but I know a guy who will do high 140s with 2 12 and 2 15s

I suggest you maybe look at some of my youtube videos before you make that statement... I am doing it, 2 15's and 2 18's at 151-2db...

all in the same chamber and if not are they tuned the 15s and 18s tuned the same

No, the 18s are in their own chambers on separate amps and the 15's are in one chamber on one amp, tuned about 5 hz higher than the 18's...

That is what I meant in the first post...

honestly I did it for a little while years ago before i knew any better or knew somewhat what I was doing, And I always thought it sounded pretty good and got loud for what it was. I had 2 10's and a 15 for a while and then I went to 2 10s and 2 12s. Always all subs in their own chambers though but the 10's and 12s power rating was the same so I ran all four off the same mono amp they were dual 2 ohms so I wired them all to 1 ohm. sounded alright not as clean as my past few setups but cant really compare because I know alot more now than I did and my equipment is alot better than what I had before as well

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring)

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts

it can be done. just think of it like a component set. (an active set at that)

they need different amps, they need to be playing different things.

will it make your score higher? no, it shouldn't if done right since the sets of subs should never play the same things. sure there will be a bit of overlap but if done right it should be minimal

bottom line im still against it. yeah it can work and sound great but most people are too fucking dumb to do it right. just sayin

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

^^^

I suggest you maybe look at some of my youtube videos before you make that statement... I am doing it, 2 15's and 2 18's at 151-2db...

all in the same chamber and if not are they tuned the 15s and 18s tuned the same

No, the 18s are in their own chambers on separate amps and the 15's are in one chamber on one amp, tuned about 5 hz higher than the 18's...

That is what I meant in the first post...

o alright i would still never run two different sized subs but thats just me but i thought u ment like highs mids and lows for the different sized subs

- 1998 Ford Mustang -

Time to rebuild.

4 15s and alot of power

TEAM DTF

Who ever said you couldnt use two different size subs in seperate enclosures? That is not true at all. The subs dont relate to eachother at all when they are seperated so what would be a negative side effect?

2000 GMC Sonoma

AQ20 FTMFW!

4 DC XL 15's

Cadence ZRS-C9

Infiniti Kappa 3.5's and 6x8's

Bravox 6.5 components

DCSig.jpg

Techforce also runs different brands. Lol. I think the 15s are AQ and 18s are now DC. Used to be Fi's. And they are on different power as well. Sounds awesome. He luvz haterz

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

Archived