Military possible with ged?

That still sounds awsome.

Negative don't work on planes. The turbine engines I work on are much smaller. They are for -95s and -60s which provide bleed air and/or power to the air craft for when APUs are inop

Not entirely. The equipment he mentioned (-95 and -60) are old as hell.

Same with the airplanes I work on. I'm a C-5 crew chief and the youngest plane I work on personally was built in the mid-80s. The work is tedious because there is hours of troubleshooting with much less time of fixing the damn thing.

I like the oldschool one..

TDHsiggy.png

Current System: Stock 2011 Tahoe

Loud as F**K

Just kidding

Man SERE. Known a few people that did that. IIRC there 3 of them. Or maybe 2. One easier than the other. I was told that they are allowed to break a small joint (finger). Pretty much they torture you and are allowed to.

This. I've talked to SERE washouts that have seen trainees who happen to be giant (because virtually every special forces trainee is giant, muscle wise...compared to me) get thrown up against trees and forced to eat raw wild animals.

But I could be wrong.

With us we were given live rabbits for food and we had to kill them ourselves and eat em it's pretty fucking gross but if you think about in a real world situation where you would have to it wouldn't be a question of gross or not it would be about survival.

you went ther SERE? Hats off to you bro. All the stories I've heard make it sound like a living nightmare. Also is there different level's of SERE? I remember one of my old Team Leaders telling my about there being different levels.

Negative don't work on planes. The turbine engines I work on are much smaller. They are for -95s and -60s which provide bleed air and/or power to the air craft for when APUs are inop

My job sucks, work long hours, weekends, and have to maintain over 2600 pieces of AGE at my current base. And the people who use your equipment don't maintain sonthey treat it like shit so everything fucking breaks... And on top of that the equipment is shitty because it's 30 -40 years old and they don't buy new equip just get shitty refurbs

you win some, you lose some

Man SERE. Known a few people that did that. IIRC there 3 of them. Or maybe 2. One easier than the other. I was told that they are allowed to break a small joint (finger). Pretty much they torture you and are allowed to.

This. I've talked to SERE washouts that have seen trainees who happen to be giant (because virtually every special forces trainee is giant, muscle wise...compared to me) get thrown up against trees and forced to eat raw wild animals.

But I could be wrong.

With us we were given live rabbits for food and we had to kill them ourselves and eat em it's pretty fucking gross but if you think about in a real world situation where you would have to it wouldn't be a question of gross or not it would be about survival.

you went ther SERE? Hats off to you bro. All the stories I've heard make it sound like a living nightmare. Also is there different level's of SERE? I remember one of my old Team Leaders telling my about there being different levels.

Didn't make it all the way through broke my leg about 36 weeks in. There is different classes that are taught from a simple 1 day course to up to 4 wk course i believe. Depending on what your career field is and mission needs.

My job sucks, work long hours, weekends, and have to maintain over 2600 pieces of AGE at my current base. And the people who use your equipment don't maintain sonthey treat it like shit so everything fucking breaks... And on top of that the equipment is shitty because it's 30 -40 years old and they don't buy new equip just get shitty refurbs

Exactly. I'm sorry the crew chiefs treat your equipment like shit, but think of it this way, the pilots treat our planes like shit. Lol.

Also, special forces work hours don't really exist. They work when told to, might not sleep that day, or eat Mcdonalds that month. So I guess we have it good. Hah

TDHsiggy.png

Loud as F**K

Just kidding

Okay... Statment of it being awsome... Not so much

Yea but you might have what like 25 planes to work on? And each kind of component has it's own career field. Us we gotta do it all. There's no hydro troop for mules or jets guys for -95s.

Just busting your balls.. Grass always looks greener on other side and you guys might say age all they do is drive around in bob tails and drop off age.

To the OP, I am a current Navy recruiter and have done two other tours recruiting. Here is the skinny as to GEDs now, at least for the Navy.

The economy may be crap now days, but we(Navy) are not hurting to enlist people. We turn away more people than we let in on a daily basis. If you did not finish high school, and got a GED, then you would also have to get at least 15 college credits. Once that was done, you would also have to score above a 50 on the ASVAB test.

Then you can not have any major law infractions, and medically you would have to be off of any and all ADD/ADHD mess for at least one year, with proof of sustained above average performance in school work through transcripts.

Through all of this, is is still not a gaurantee, as then you would be competing for any other GED applicants through

That's true for the crew chiefs that only do "crew chief" work (servicing, inspections, etc). I'm Aero Repair, so my shop works on everything because all the other specialty shops are too damn lazy to do it right.

And I know you AGE guys are busy. When i drive by the AGE yard here, I think "damn thats a lot of shit." Lol.

Yeah every shops says they are gods and all other shops are inferior. Way of the world I guess.

TDHsiggy.png

Loud as F**K

Just kidding

Out the country as we (Navy) are only allowed you enlist so many GEDs per year.

And to whoever thinks that recruiters will BS you to sucker you in, not all of us do. I tell like it is, we aren't hiring that much now days, so they only want the cream of the crop.

Archived