Second Skin Audio

Tapped horn??

zfrerichs

What about a tline wall for spl? If I'm understanding correctly delay wouldn't be a factor because in a burp the frequencies could "resonate"(idk what its actually called)?

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

a true t line dissipates the rear wave completely, think of it like a sealed box with no rear air to slow cone down. in spl you want both waves to combine and get stronger

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

What about a tline wall for spl? If I'm understanding correctly delay wouldn't be a factor because in a burp the frequencies could "resonate"(idk what its actually called)?

You mean building a wall to which even though it may be able to play so much above and below tuning, you would design it to peak where you want (hopefully) and then youd use it primarily for burping

i have no idea how well that would work, but would be interesting to see a burp T-Line, at the same time being able to play musically when you want it to

a true t line dissipates the rear wave completely, think of it like a sealed box with no rear air to slow cone down. in spl you want both waves to combine and get stronger

So the tline wouldn't combine the waves to get stronger like I was thinking? (you worded it alot better lol)

Now with no rear air to slow down the cone there would be very little rise?

You mean building a wall to which even though it may be able to play so much above and below tuning, you would design it to peak where you want (hopefully) and then youd use it primarily for burping

i have no idea how well that would work, but would be interesting to see a burp T-Line, at the same time being able to play musically when you want it to

Exactly what im talking about.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

a real t line would not have a rear wave to combine

a lot of what you see called transmission lines are actually 1/1 length wave guides, that is a lot closer to what a burp box is than a tline. but really 4th order and ported have been setting all the records

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

what bumpin was talking about was a wave guide, different than a t line, but what is most commonly referred to as a tline

mcintoshsigz.png

I like Martin King, because he will at least listen to you once, and talk to you once lol. We exchanged emails actually a couple times, and I tried to talk to him on AOL. He can care less about car audio, and his idea on a transmission line isn't what we think of in the car audio world. He does a long box with a actual Port at the end, woofer at the opposing end

I hate to say this, and would never want to recommend him, but Pete , the Pete from Hexi is the best guy to ask about the true benefits, and actual testing of a tapped horn/line

Why would you hate to recommend someone to Pete? I mean the guy does know his shit when it comes to complex enclosure designs. I just wouldn't want to pay him $50+ for a design, when all it is is really understanding math and different formulas.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Diamond Audio D3 6 1/2 components

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

DC Sound Lab Level 4 18's with Level 5 coils

Autotek Mean Machine 400.1D (replaced)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

Archived