What is the best soap to use before waxing and claying

Hi i am about to detail all my cars in my house to clean off all the salt from the winter i just cleaned the interior just wondering what best soap u guys recomend i have alot of circles on my cars im goin to buff clay and wax

<script language='JavaScript' src='http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/downloads/banner_link.asp?p_id=18'></script>

Hi i am about to detail all my cars in my house to clean off all the salt from the winter i just cleaned the interior just wondering what best soap u guys recomend i have alot of circles on my cars im goin to buff clay and wax

I like meguiars gold class.

wait for a guy named SQMonte to come in he does incredible work! im basic though so im with thumper i just use meguiars for everything.

I don't fuck around. I go from zero to I hope you die in less than 2 posts

build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/104524-new-subs-coming-sundown-3500d-arc-audio-cable-lacing-crescendo/

wait for a guy named SQMonte to come in he does incredible work! im basic though so im with thumper i just use meguiars for everything.

I know I would use meguires as well some times even dish soap but this time I want to do this right lol

<script language='JavaScript' src='http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/downloads/banner_link.asp?p_id=18'></script>

I know I would use meguires as well some times even dish soap but this time I want to do this right lol

Ya never use dish soap, meguiars will do a nice job though.

meguiars products all the way

gold class is ftw

Team Sundown Audio

**CURRENT** -- 2012 Scion tC Build Click Here

**OLD** -- 2002 Pontiac Grand AM Build Click Here
check them out, slap me a comment

2002 Pontiac Grand AM SE 2.2l 4 cylinder ecotec.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Head Unit - Alpine CDA-9887
Subs - 2x Z 12 v.2s - v.3 + NS Soft parts
Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAZ-3500D
Enclosure - 3.33 Cubes tuned to 34.66hz
Front Stage - JBL P660c 6.5" Components
Rear Deck - Powerbass 4xl 6.5" Mid-Range
Front Stage Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAX-100.4D
Wires - Kicker Hyperflex 1/0, KnuKonceptz 1/0, Knu 4 and 8 Gauge, Kicker RCAs
Electrical - 275 AMP DC Power H/O Alternator, XS Power S3400, XS Power D2700
Videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/BeAILsTaR13
-------------------------------------------------------------------

If your going to clay, polish, and wax..........why not dish soap?

2001 Yukon XL

Sitting on 35 x 12.50 x 20, XD Monsters

Headunit: Clarion DXZ785USB

Front: B&C 10NW64 10" Neodymium Woofer, Crescendo XST2

Rear: B&C 8NDL51 8" Neodymium Woofer, Crescendo XST2

Mids & Highs Amps: MB Quart DSC 4125, MB Quart DSC 480

Subs: 4 18" SSA ZCONS

Sub Amps: 4 GP3K Pro

Electrical: Iraggi 260a, 3 tejcurrent 240a, tejcurrent quad bracket

Kinetik - 6 HC2400

ssa_team.png

My Build Log

x2, goin threw all that work, dont u want to get rid of the base wax first n then build up a new layer?

i need to wax my truck but paint to far gone lol

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

I don't have any experience with salt since we don't have that issue where i'm at in Cali, but what makes a good car wash soap to me is one that gives a thick, sudsy foam, promotes "sheeting", adds a nice shine, rinses off completely and has great cleaning ability but doesn't remove wax....my favorite car wash so far is Chemical Guys Citrus Wash n' Gloss. Compared to the size and price of what you can get at your local WalMart, this stuff is pretty expensive but when I have a customer who just wants a car wash, this is the wash I use. I'm not kidding when I say it gives your car a "just waxed" look. But what makes it my favorite is that it's concentrated so when properly diluted it can be used as a Quick detailer, wax stripper, and degreaser.

But as far as over the counter products, Meguiars NXT is hard to beat

I like meguiars gold class.

That was my favorite car wash for a while when it first came out, but now I won't even think twice about reaching for the NXT instead of Gold Class.

wait for a guy named SQMonte to come in he does incredible work!

Haha, thanks man.

Ya never use dish soap, meguiars will do a nice job though.

Using dish soap is fine IF YOU WANT TO NOT ONLY CLEAN YOUR CAR BUT STRIP YOUR WAX TOO.

Exactly! The polish will remove the wax anyway so might as well get a head start on it by using dish soap Edited by SQMonte

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f