Firewall too

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Engine noise as in from the engine itself or electrical noise through your speakers?

I'd say check your motor mounts, as mine used to vibrate quite bad with one broken, just replaced it today, and theres a world of difference.

POTATO!

well this is my first stick car and i think its extra noise from that but it just passed inspection so they better not need fixed or this dealer is getting a fist in his face, im soon gona take it to my mechanic and have him look at the code that i have but im going to put some fatmat down on the floor double layer where my feet are then single layer on back see if that helps

I hope nobody minds if I toss in my two cents.

Like Iceman said, make sure your motor mounts are all good before throwing sound deadener at it. Another think you might want to check is your exhaust mounts as those can lead to a lot of excessive amounts of vibrations.

Once everything mechanically is checked out, hitting the floor and interior firewall with sound deadener will definitely help. I would also suggest adding a MLV (mass loaded vinyl) product on top of your deadener of choice to actually block the sound waves. Some come with a foam decoupler (so that the vinyl is "floating" above the surface) and others don't. Either type of product will help a lot.

I've seen hoodliners anywhere from $50-$150, just depends on if you want it die cut or if you want to take the hassle to do it yourself. I went the cheap route and did it myself on my Accord... kind of a hassle and probably wouldn't do it again.

Another area you may want to look at deadening are the wheel wells. I can only think of a handful of car manufactures that actually apply some form of insulation in/around the wheel wells.

Later,

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

put a layer or two over the mounting holes for the engine and transmission, plus everything else above. If your talking about road noise then doors/floor/firewall/undercarriage are places to focus on as well

masterbation is free, and even saves you money.sorry but someone had to say it

sorry, Jimmy...beat you to it (no pun intended)

LOLDON'T get a wife. Best advice I never got, and now it's too late <_<

My build: 12" DCON in a dorm room.

New/current build: 8" woofer, custom amplifier block, fiberglassed speaker pods