Sonic Electronix

Need some help deciding on a system

Ok, so I have a 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I was originally going to get a JL Audio 12w7-3 with a JL Audio 750/1 HD amp, and a custom box for $1500.

I was wondering if any of you may know of a better system I could get for $1500. I want it to sound good, and hit hard. Possibly roof flex? Any ideas

of what I should get and where to get it? Also what kind of box and power supplies and such I would need for the system? Let me know what you think.

/e: What all would be needed wiring wise and such? Not the best at all this, just addicted to bass. Also I would prefer decent flex out of the system if possible.

Edited by Rich859

$1500 is alot for a single sub, box and 750 watt amp, IMO.

Just for comparisons sake, my single sub (DD 2512), 1500 watt amp (SAZ-1500D) and custom box (I designed and built it), costed me a little over $500...the amp and sub were both bought from private parties but were both BNIB. You could do 2 AQ HDC18's (aluminum coils) for $340ea, an AQ2200 amp for $389 shipped and will have just under $500 left so you could buy a HO alt from Mechman and then build your box with the leftover. That will murder that JL setup you posted, guaranteed!!!

Edited by SQMonte

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

damn that sounds good lol. Im just not sure of where i need to buy all this and I would have someone install it for me. Definately liking the sound of that tho

/e: Also, what kind of wiring and all such will i need?

Edited by Rich859

You'd buy the subs and amp from audioque, alt from mechman and you'd need about 30ft of 0ga wire (that would cover amp install and big 3) rca's for the amp, a few feet of 10ga speaker wire, and about 15-18 ft of 18ga remote wire. Check out KnuKonceptz for the wiring, get the Kollosus Fleks wire if u can afford it

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

Heck yea man. $1500 will get you a damn good system.

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

Sounds good, I'll look into it.

Also you could look into DC fi or DD and maybe AA

And i would consider finding someone that knows what they are doing or chill and stay on here and figure it out and learn to do it yourself like i did :good:

and make sure to scope your system it will be 10x better knowing you wont mess it up

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

Installing everything yourself feels so much better. And you could probably do a better job than some shops....... <_<

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

Honestly, I would look at

Four sundown audio 12s

One AQ3500

Mechman alternator

XS upfront, D3100 in the back.

More than enough for wires, materials, damplifier (because honestly, flex will in most cases decrease output efficiency) and money left to upgrade tube front stage.

Or two DC XL 15s

One AQ3500

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?