Second Skin Audio

Box Idea. Opinions wanted

I'm not sure if this will work so opinions are welcome. I have a 15" Fi ssd which will be powered by a kenwood 9104d. This will go in a 95 grand prix. The seats dont fold down but the arm rest does an I want to port through the arm rest.

Here is a pic of the trunk where you can see the arm rest hole. ( Yes the wiring and amp have been cleaned up.)

SSPX0006.jpg

Here is a screen shot of torres calculator

smdpic3.jpg

And here are a couple pics of the box in sketch up

boxIdeasmdpost.jpg

smdpic2.jpg

Do you guys think this will work? Is the sub going to be to close to the port?

I was also thinking of doing a 4th order box ported through the arm rest hole. Would this work? Would I see any more output than the first box?

Edited by 89capricebass

Car: 2000 Ford Focus 4 door

HU: Kenwood KDC-X395

Front Highs: stock

Back Mids: Stock

Subs: Skar VVX-12 ( 1.79 f3 tuned to 32 hz)

Amp:Audiopipe APSM 1500 mini

Wiring: KnuKoncepts Kolossus 4awg

Won't work well, I've tried the same thing but through the rear deck instead of the arm rest. I'd say your best option would be a 4th order, a member here named Boon did a good setup in a BMW ported through the arm rest

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

I'm not sure how well that would work since you are separating the output from the Subwoofer and the port. I would think a 4th order bandpass would work better for that. But I'm not positive, so maybe someone else will chime in.

what do you mean "separating the output from the subwoofer and the port"? from the pictures he has shown, it may work quite well. but i'd honestly wait for the real enclosure guru's to chime in.

Edited by Kranny

Jeff and Dustin did a box like this in a cts i think..I'm pretty sure I saw a build log..but they did a 4th order and it looked like it got loud as fuck..I'd talk to one of them about it

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

I'm not sure how well that would work since you are separating the output from the Subwoofer and the port. I would think a 4th order bandpass would work better for that. But I'm not positive, so maybe someone else will chime in.

what do you mean "separating the output from the subwoofer and the port"? from the pictures he has shown, it may work quite well. but i'd honestly wait for the real enclosure guru's to chime in.

I think he is talking about the issue I had, the air from the port was entering the car before the air movement from th cone, and thus not loud.

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

I think he is talking about the issue I had, the air from the port was entering the car before the air movement from th cone, and thus not loud.

I'm confused... would the sub being to close to the port cause this?

Car: 2000 Ford Focus 4 door

HU: Kenwood KDC-X395

Front Highs: stock

Back Mids: Stock

Subs: Skar VVX-12 ( 1.79 f3 tuned to 32 hz)

Amp:Audiopipe APSM 1500 mini

Wiring: KnuKoncepts Kolossus 4awg