If I had it to do all over again I would seriously just run 2 15's. Going outside of that makes everything so rediclously cramped and with your amp placement that has to be choking that port. I see 28" deep right? Amps are what 3+"? Maybe my memory is bad, but isn't the depth (at the top) like 32"?

Not that I'm an expert, but really the only two port back option we have (beyond 2 15's) is doing a rack under the box or going with rear seats that don't lock. Otherwise you wind up with a port that is getting owned. My old setup peaked at 27'ish hz which I loved, but it was a little noisey. IMHO the ideal non-wall setup is batts across the bottom of the back seats, amps above them, and sub up port up. Beyond that you wind up with something like I had where you're better off just walling it (seriously I couldn't see 20ft behind me if not 20 yards).

No hate or anything like that bro, just that I've been in the same fight with mine. :pardon:

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

I've had that same issue too...I've ended up taking off my side panels and built the box inside the car going over the wheel wells. Only bad part is I now don't have rear seat belts anymore which yeah I know isn't good. But because of that I now have 55 inches of width from side to side and easily have over 15 cubes gross while the seats still latch. I usually don't have many passengers in the back but I still see that as a problem with the seat belts.

2004 Chevy Trailblazer:

Deck: Pioneer Premier DEH-P980BT

Mids: 4 Selenium 6W4P's

Highs: 2 AQ Tweeter's + 2 Crescendo Tweeters + 2 Power Acoustik NX-5 Bullet Tweeters

Highs Amp: MB Quart Onyx 4.125

Bass: 2 18" DC Audio XL's <-- Soon to be 8 Sundown SA-12's

Box: 13.37 Cu Ft @ 35 Hz with 3 8" sonotubes

Bass amps: Crescendo BC3500 @ .5 ohms (2nd one coming soon)

325a Singer Alt! 375a at 16+ volts!

2 XS Power D1400's

www.youtube.com/user/phukudmss

Drew is supposed to be handing over his design of the 4 15's sub up port up he had for his tb so i'm going to use that. As far as the amp placement... they are going to be moved... im getting rid of the rear single passenger seat and going to build a batt rack/ amp rack out of plexi right there... And yea theres not hate lol you just trying to help a fellow TB owner out :drinks:

*cough* wall *cough*

formerly known as Blue86f150

its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies.

Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive

this sux camel dicks

On a related note any of you guys know how the back seat latches work? Wish someone knew how to make them lock sooner (so they were straight up).

Drew is supposed to be handing over his design of the 4 15's sub up port up he had for his tb so i'm going to use that. As far as the amp placement... they are going to be moved... im getting rid of the rear single passenger seat and going to build a batt rack/ amp rack out of plexi right there... And yea theres not hate lol you just trying to help a fellow TB owner out :drinks:

Didn't he have the angled amp rack behind the seats with the window to window box (or has)?

*cough* wall *cough*

Fuck a wall... LOL

Mine was a nightmare... The roof has so many angles not to mention the slope in the rear. With 2 18's though it was the obvious next step. There is no way I could have done it though luckily Aaron was willing to do it with me playing bung boy. :drink40:

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

Archived