Sonic Electronix

I'm going to go ahead and say it, I have a "shitty" system compared to 98% of people on here but I'm only 19 and currently can't find a job in my line of work seeing how I'm fresh out of school and the way the economy is! Down to the topic, I have two 12" Kicker comps on a Kicker 300 watt amp in the prefab box. The Kicker 300 amp is A/B class and I'm thinking that is why my subs often play high notes despite having my low pass at 80hz and below (head unit setting). Should I invest in a Class D amp? Not only for the efficiency, but I believe it would make my subs play the notes they were designed to play. If I'm going at this all wrong please educate me!!

Your amp doesn't have a low pass filter?

Nope, only settings you can change on my amp is a on/off bass boost, and gain if I remember correctly. Here's some info off the Kicker website, it says it has a built in low pass at 80hz, if none of this is adding up I have some more information that might shed light on my problem.

Frequency Response: 25-200Hz (ZX300.1 25-20kHz), +0/-1dB

Input Sensitivity: High Level 250mV-10V, Low Level 125mV-5V

Signal-to-Noise Ratio: >95dB, a-weighted, re: rated power

Active Crossover: 24dB/octave, variable 50Hz-200Hz (ZX300.1 fixed at 80Hz), low pass only

24dB/octave high-pass subsonic filter fixed @ 25Hz

KICKEQ™ Boost: Variable to +18dB (ZX300.1 selectable +12dB), centered @ 40Hz

what HU do you have? are you sure you are setting a LPF and not just the EQ?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Well damn. You can get external crossovers on parts express or any other online audio store.

This probably doesn't really help because I don't know what it is but, when I first got my system I bought everything from the same local shop and got them to install it for me. I replaced all my highs and mids with aftermarket speakers one day and there was some type of box with wires going to it that was hidden in my rear deck, my dad and I guessed it was to block bass signals to my factory highs and mids but we don't really know. I didn't pay for the device, they just installed it and said nothing about it. Should I remove w/e it is?

what HU do you have? are you sure you are setting a LPF and not just the EQ?

I have the Sony CDX-GT740UI, it's layout is pretty fool-proof. You have a subwoofer equalizer that lets you control, DB's + or - 10, hz filter (set on 80hz by me), and another selection that allows the sub to play in regular or reverse. The highs and mids also have similar options and I believe I have its Hz filter set on 140 or 160.

Definitely check that out, at least see what it is. If it does happen to be a crossover, you should be able to adjust the LPF for the sub to your liking.

Taking the rear deck off my car is a pain in the ass but alright haha, thanks for the info!

Definitely check that out, at least see what it is. If it does happen to be a crossover, you should be able to adjust the LPF for the sub to your liking.

Taking the rear deck off my car is a pain in the ass but alright haha, thanks for the info!

If you can take pictures of it too that will help us figure out what it is.

Archived