Sonic Electronix

So this guy at my school thinks he knows everything about car audio, or speaker brands. He came up to me today and asked what kind of sub I was about to hook up in my truck. I told him it was a DD 3515. He says "Oh that piece of shit brand? My cousin has two rockford fosgate punch 15's that will blow it out of the water" He claims that his cousin bought the box for the two 15's for $5000. Not 50, not 500, but 5000! He says he is running them off of 4 lunar 1200w amps and has three battery capacitors with stock electrical. I think this guy is just blowing smoke out his ass, but then again, idk. I know my sub is alot better than a RF Punch, but with twice the cone area, who knows. Im going to have a DD 3515 in a 5 cube box tuned to 35 hz running off of a aq1200. So what do you guys think will happen. Oh, and my vehicle is a Dodge Dakota club cab, his is a 2000 tahoe.

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

i doubt his lunar amps are strapable. so i doubt a wrd that comes out of his mouth. and either way if hes louder. he spent wayyyyyyyy to much money on a system like that

2000 tahoe

orion hcca 15.4

kicker zx2500

2 JL 300/4s

infinity and kicker mids/highs

KHC1400 in back, stock upfront

dont ask about my HU

clarion EQ

kicker/fosgate rcas

A $5000 box? :orly3: Is that thing coated in gold? haha. Well if anyting you can walk away with your dignity.

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

A $5000 box? :orly3: Is that thing coated in gold? haha. Well if anyting you can walk away with your dignity.

Lol thats what im saying. If his box cost that much, it better make $100 bills just magically appear inside the box and blow through the port.

Hey well call me when that happens! I will be there grabbing them out of that port! If it's even ported :peepwall:

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

Lmao. Probably gonna be 2 sealed pre-fab boxs connected to look like one big prefab xD

And let the pissing match begin! :lol:

Seriously though, if he purchased a $5K box, he has more money than brains. Also sounds like he just wants to start something for whatever reason (jealousy?).

Is he willing to offer up some evidence of his RFs and $5K box? What is his vehicle? This has peaked my interest and now want pics! :)

Later,

Edited by Second Skin Rep Jon

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

Lol. I'll get pics when i can see the system myself. I wont have everything in my truck till around next week or so, but he said he wants to battle, so when i get everything in, I guess we'll take them to a local audio shop and let the TL do all the talking :D

And yeah, he is the type of guy that always has to have the best stuff. I had a stroker 122 running off of a kicker zx1200, destroyed every single or two sub system at school. He said his 2 kicker comp 15's were louder. Les just say there was no comparison ;)