Sonic Electronix

so today I got the unit and I have a problem..

the menu looks poor if i compare the menu from this video

for example i cannot find the hz set up...

maybe i have to turn it on somehow?

sometimes Loud is NOT pretty

Sounds like its safe to go ahead and bend that ass over.

congrats on the purchase how do you think this would compare to the ida303 (i dont need a cd player all i need is iphone)

Thanks !!

I dont wanna compare this two units cause I dont know the IDA303..

People say that CDA 117 is very slow with the Iphone / ipods..

yeah i would expect the ipod/iphone interface to be better on the ida series because it is a digital media receiver instead of a cd/mps player and the 303 is about $100 cheaper than the 117

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

?

117 = far better unit then the 303.

ones ive played with have done everything in the video.

but all i need is the iphone hookup i will have external processing so that does nothing for me and i dont listen to cds i just didnt know if the 117 is worth the extra 100 if i wont even use all those features

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

thats for nobody but you to decide...Myself, i hate the look functionality and everything else about the 303.

I have a processor too, but if a deck is ugly and feels cheap to the touch i still wont buy it.

It seems that you have found the high pass x-over and I stated that it doesn't have a built in low pass cross-over.

As far as the lighting on the display goes, its not anything I knew about so I looked it up last night and it is looking like that is only for the UK models (over seas) and does not seem to be an option for the American models.

I have been playing with one of my little 8 gig sticks and do not have any complaints about the slowness. It is slow but not slow enough to bother me verse the layout of being able to navigate my menus.

If you have more questions please type them out so I don't have to site through a 9 minute review of a radio that I have already had to learn on my own please.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

Here is the UK web page.

http://www.alpine-electronics.co.uk/products/product-singleview/cd-head-units/cda-117ri.html

The ri at the end of the model number tells you witch unit is witch.

This issue could have something to do with American motor vehicle laws (distracted driver bullshit) as I have no idea why they wouldn't have given us the option to have a light changing display.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

Archived