Dylank811 Posted April 1, 2011 Author Report Posted April 1, 2011 Alright I'll check it out. 2004 Ford Mustang GTPioneer DEH-P7200HD head unitMach 460 Factory System Cadence FXA1600.2 Cadence S2W10 Cadence 4 AWG wiring Ported box, 2 cubes, 32 hertz
DannyV18 Posted April 1, 2011 Report Posted April 1, 2011 If you can push on it like that to make it stop, i don't think vibration dampener is the solution (it's not panels resonating). Find the pieces that are hitting eachother and stick foam between the contact point.
Second Skin Rep Jon Posted April 1, 2011 Report Posted April 1, 2011 Like Danny said, sound deadening might not be the solution for this issue. It might help lessen the rattle you are experiencing, but I don't think it will fix the problem. That trim piece is either loose or something in it (wiring for the tag light) is vibrating. So if you can, I would suggest looking at how that piece is attached and make sure it isn't loose, worn, or broken clip. Once that checks out, you can see if it's wiring or something that is inside of it that is rattling. Far too many times I've seen people drop several hundred dollars worth of sound deadening to fix a rattle, only to find out that a 5¢ trim clip would have fixed their problem. EDIT: Oh and I would suggest you do a fair amount of reading on the different types of sound deadening products. There are a TON of them out there these days. All I can say is stay away from the P&S (peel and seal) products as most of these are just rebadged roofing products and for the amount of time and money you spend on them, you should have just bought the real stuff specifically designed for automotive installations. Later, Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!
Socky Posted April 1, 2011 Report Posted April 1, 2011 You could always fill the holes in the trunk lid with expanding foam, but you dont want to put to much in it cause it will expand over night. Thats always a solution. Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell Kenwood H/U 1/0 wire, 136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily 2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's 3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz
WhiteTB Posted April 1, 2011 Report Posted April 1, 2011 http://audiotechnix.com/ X2 on Audio Technix product works great and is easy to use. It is also very affordable. Team DOA Team gg
Dylank811 Posted April 3, 2011 Author Report Posted April 3, 2011 If you can push on it like that to make it stop, i don't think vibration dampener is the solution (it's not panels resonating). Find the pieces that are hitting eachother and stick foam between the contact point. Like Danny said, sound deadening might not be the solution for this issue. It might help lessen the rattle you are experiencing, but I don't think it will fix the problem. That trim piece is either loose or something in it (wiring for the tag light) is vibrating. So if you can, I would suggest looking at how that piece is attached and make sure it isn't loose, worn, or broken clip. Once that checks out, you can see if it's wiring or something that is inside of it that is rattling. Far too many times I've seen people drop several hundred dollars worth of sound deadening to fix a rattle, only to find out that a 5¢ trim clip would have fixed their problem. EDIT: Oh and I would suggest you do a fair amount of reading on the different types of sound deadening products. There are a TON of them out there these days. All I can say is stay away from the P&S (peel and seal) products as most of these are just rebadged roofing products and for the amount of time and money you spend on them, you should have just bought the real stuff specifically designed for automotive installations. Later, Yeah I suspected this. I tried putting some tape foam stuff (I call it Neoprene) between the trunk metal and the plastic piece. I guess that wasn't the right contact point. I'll try again. I think I may have another metal vs. metal rattle, too. Hopefully I can locate it. 2004 Ford Mustang GTPioneer DEH-P7200HD head unitMach 460 Factory System Cadence FXA1600.2 Cadence S2W10 Cadence 4 AWG wiring Ported box, 2 cubes, 32 hertz
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.