Sonic Electronix

Not to mention what 99% of power from amplifier is burned off through heat on the VC, remaining percentile or so actually moves the cone.

And music is dynamic, not a sine wave playing 24/7. Different frequencies produce different impedance's, thus creating more or less resistance in the circuit, amplifier's output directly follows.

sighl.jpg

Ok so if I set my amp gains all the way up do u get more power even do ur clipping. Sorry I'm new to this amp gain I used to just turn them up

Nope the gain knob is NOT a volume knob.

Edited by Rebel4055

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

Ok so if I set my amp gains all the way up do u get more power even do ur clipping. Sorry I'm new to this amp gain I used to just turn them up

NO! lol its not a volume knob. if you set it too high you get clipping and fuck your subs. just forget about all the other factors we talked about. its nothing you need to worry about at this stage. set your gains CORRECTLY and you will be fine.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

NO! lol its not a volume knob. if you set it too high you get clipping and fuck your subs. just forget about all the other factors we talked about. its nothing you need to worry about at this stage. set your gains CORRECTLY and you will be fine.

Yeah if you max everything out say the gain, bass boost and your HU settings along with the HU volume man, whatever subs you have will not like that at all LOL!

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

Exactly. What your worrying over is pointless. Set your gain and your done. Some do it by o-scope, by ear, or by a formula that isn't very accurate. Personally I would do it by ear, by have to take a few steps back to hear any clipping / distortion. Play a test tone, or google search for clipped tones so you know what they sound like.

sighl.jpg

lol no dude. using a DMM its pretty damn accurate. WAY batter than guessing, or as you called it, going by ear.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

lol no dude. using a DMM its pretty damn accurate. WAY batter than guessing, or as you called it, going by ear.

So you would use Voltage = SQRT(Power x Resistance) in order to adjust the gain until the amplifier's output voltage matches.

Only problem is impedance is always changing. I guess it would get you close enough, but so would using your ear...

sighl.jpg