2 DC AUDIO Level 5 18s Carbon Fiber Dust Caps, Direct Leads, Stiffened Spiders

Stinger SPV69, SPV70's (2)

Stetsom 7KD

Excelene 50+ feet 0g Welding Cable

Soundstream 4.500 + JBL 1000.4

Cadence Mids + Earthquake Highs

Clarion 507 BT + EQ

All Stinger Parts/Adapters/ETC.

WHERE ARE ALL THE NEW YORK/LONG ISLAND SHOWS!!!

Box is 7.65 cuft internally tuned to 37 hrtz.

for one 15? holy dick.

^^

I know right yea check it with the dmm at least

Refs-(b.f.) 99vic, WCA Rusty(x3) Nathan@XSPOWER, Ampjunkielikeme, Bread0710, AmiCreations (s.t.) REsLaPz, PandaGT(x2), Keiferacing, Juicemane (t.w.) Powski, Big gil[/center]

Build Log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/77726-sss-celica-dc-buildupdate-611-finished/

2005 subi STi 380whp 355whp

17" gold bbs

5% tint all around w/sunglare strip

JVC dvd double din

Knuconceptz 4ga wiring

XS Power!

Big 3

8" SAv2 d2

1800 audiopipe

Usually when you smell coils burning, it is getting hot enough to melt the glue. Which is pretty damn hot.

First, when you start smelling this odor, have you touched the dustcap to see if the sub is actually getting warm? This should be the first thing to do.

First, touch the dustcap before any power.

Then play for however long till you get the smell, turn the volume all the way down touch it again.

If it is quiet warm, you are either clipping or overpowering the sub. Or a little of both.

If you don't have any proper tools to check the sine wave(oscope or similar).

Turn the gain down some. Then let the sub completely cool off.

Then replay the setup to see if the smell returns. If so, you are still clipping. May need to repeat this again until the smell is gone.

Also, your headunit could possibly be clipping the signal before it even reaches the amp.

IIRC, Pioneers can only be turnt up a little over halfway before it clips. This could be your problem also.

BTW, when you smell this odor, DO NOT PLAY IT anymore longer!

All these people saying check with DMM, I'm curious how you say he does this?

Its funny, my h/u is a pioneer.

Makes sense it could be clipping the signal.

2 DC AUDIO Level 5 18s Carbon Fiber Dust Caps, Direct Leads, Stiffened Spiders

Stinger SPV69, SPV70's (2)

Stetsom 7KD

Excelene 50+ feet 0g Welding Cable

Soundstream 4.500 + JBL 1000.4

Cadence Mids + Earthquake Highs

Clarion 507 BT + EQ

All Stinger Parts/Adapters/ETC.

WHERE ARE ALL THE NEW YORK/LONG ISLAND SHOWS!!!

Box is 7.65 cuft internally tuned to 37 hrtz.

for one 15? holy dick.

i have scoped a few of the nicer new style pioneer units and if sub lvl is flat you should get a lil more than 3/4 volume before clipping with a 0db tone. the only coil i have seen go down on a DC that was actually the coil letting go was a SD8k on a pair of xl's on a real hard clip other than that i had a guy turn one black as coal on a lvl4 with lvl5 coil (before the new stealth coil) the coil never let go but the glue broke down and caused the coil to shift and eventually rub through. long story short you are CLIPPING. like was stated above touch the cap if its warmer than just a lil bit thats gonna be a hard clip, depending on power an xl should take a lil clip for a good while but is DEFINATLY NOT RECOMMENDED!

i have a newer pioneer hu & when i o-scoped it i had the bass on the hu @ +4 (outta +6) & could still go to volume 54 (outta 62) before any clipping.

BUT every install is different, just take the extra time & $ to do it right & it will perform great =].

m_8e0e9deb0e2a020a7ff1bf0d3a6c3306.jpgth_140x100square.jpgth_140x100rev2animated.gifsoundigital.pngth_Banner_140x100.jpgn221468318568_2854.jpg

8_RedDevillogo.pngteamtexflex-1.jpg

I gurantee its because the sub is new give it 2 weeks and it'll go away i've had 4 xl's all of them did the same.

--2004 Toyota 4runner

New Build Log

-2002 Acura Tl-S

Old Build Log

Team DC Audio

ttf.png

spl dust is an option you can get on the coils... it's great for extra 1000 watts of power

where can i get this spl dust and how much is it. is it hard to apply? lol

I gurantee its because the sub is new give it 2 weeks and it'll go away i've had 4 xl's all of them did the same.

This is why I advise him to touch the dustcap.

How do you know he isn't clipping it? Don't guarantee nothing you don't know for a fact.

This guy could take you advise, ignore the smell, and end up blowing his sub, because you really didn't know for a fact.

That's one problem with internet forums, people askes questions, and get answers from others who act like they really know something but don't.

Save us all the headache. People really need to realize their comments could have effect on peoples life.