A little something I got for my birthday

Very nice! Happy Birthday

Very nice! Happy Birthday

Lucky :pHappy birthday none the less.

Very nice tools! Happy birthday! :drinks:

Thanks guys. :drinks:

My birthday was actually on Thursday, I just got lazy and didn't post it up right away, lol.

nice man. ya that straight cut bit will be toasted after a couple holes.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. At least I have 4 to burn through before I'm screwed, lol.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

Happy birthday bro! I wish I was lucky enough to get that kind of stuff for my birthday. With the company I keep around me, I'd end up with a 24 in 1 does-everything-but-sucks-at-it $29.99 QVC special... then have to suck it up, say thank you, and think of of things to say when I see them the next time I see them and they ask, "hows that power tool working out?" :facepalm:

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

Haha, I know what that's like. My dad bought the router and bits for me, and I had ordered the jasper 200 with the intention of using it on his router. I told him I either wanted a router or a good circular saw for my birthday, so he decided to get me the router cuz it cost more.

A couple years ago I had gotten him a really nice $290 Bosch 14.4V cordless drill (which is even better that my electric drill!) for Christmas and he kept saying he'd get me something really nice sometime because of that. So I guess I kinda earned it, lol.

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd

Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

some nice tools right there!

You just need to get a spiral upcut or downcut bit for your router, and you should be set!!

Hell yeah, I'm looking into getting a Freud downcut bit. I want a triple flute one, but the damn bit costs more than the router did, lol. I'll use my straight cut for now, but I don't have much faith in it. I've already broken a few 1/4 straight cut tool shop bits in the past.

Ive been using a 4 flute 1/4" end mill, its all carbide and its double ended. worked alot better than my straight flute. i have hours of cutting on it and seems to b as sharp as when i first used it. i think u can get through msd, or if you have a buddy that is into CNC.

• 2 weeks later...

So... I absolutely love cutting circles now, however my 1/4 straight cut bit lasted all of 2/3 of a full loop on an 11 inch circle, and the 3/8 straight cut makes more smoke than it actually cuts, so things went a little rough. But now I just got this in the mail last night.

IMG_0318.jpg

IMG_0319.jpg

IMG_0320.jpg

My brand new Freud 1/4 diameter, 1 inch CL downcut spiral bit. This thing looks mean. I can't wait to break it in.

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd

Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

says 2x the life, thats 1 1/3 holes! nice !!lol.gif

Joking man, nice, id love a router lol, even though id use it like once a year haha

Live life to the full... Then TURN THAT BITCH UP!

291nldv.png

So... I absolutely love cutting circles now, however my 1/4 straight cut bit lasted all of 2/3 of a full loop on an 11 inch circle, and the 3/8 straight cut makes more smoke than it actually cuts, so things went a little rough. But now I just got this in the mail last night.

My brand new Freud 1/4 diameter, 1 inch CL downcut spiral bit. This thing looks mean. I can't wait to break it in.

The problem with a flush cut bit is not the bit at all. Some bits work better in different types of wood. Same goes for saw blades.

The problem you are seeing is that the bit is slipping more then cutting. The dust from MDF is a pain for the bit to clear and it gets trapped as the blade is turning. Sometimes you can correct this by turning down the speed on the router if its adjustable.

When the wood smokes like that, it is most likely from either a dull edge or the result of pushing to hard as you make the cut. The key is to let the router do all the work. A light touch as it makes the pass and sometimes doing multiple passes will give you great results.

For handheld router-ing, I like to use a spiral down cut so it throws off all the dust down into the box. When I router on the table I use an upcut bit so it helps keep the wood pulled to the table. A down cut on a table can lift the piece you are working with

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

says 2x the life, thats 1 1/3 holes! nice !!lol.gifJoking man, nice, id love a router lol, even though id use it like once a year haha

Haha, that made me lol.

The problem with a flush cut bit is not the bit at all. Some bits work better in different types of wood. Same goes for saw blades.The problem you are seeing is that the bit is slipping more then cutting. The dust from MDF is a pain for the bit to clear and it gets trapped as the blade is turning. Sometimes you can correct this by turning down the speed on the router if its adjustable. When the wood smokes like that, it is most likely from either a dull edge or the result of pushing to hard as you make the cut. The key is to let the router do all the work. A light touch as it makes the pass and sometimes doing multiple passes will give you great results.For handheld router-ing, I like to use a spiral down cut so it throws off all the dust down into the box. When I router on the table I use an upcut bit so it helps keep the wood pulled to the table. A down cut on a table can lift the piece you are working with

Ah, nice to know. As far as the straight cut bit I had to use, it was a Tool Shop brand, that was the whole problem, lol.

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd

Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick