12 10s purple truck no more 10s?

See thing is.. Im probly bearly giving them rated power, Yes i have a rated 20k but only clampijg about 10-12k now ( was 14k with sa10s) And im popping dustcaps off which inturn are pulling the surrounds off cone because the dustcaps are asically glued to the surround.. Ive got 3 subs that havent launched dustcaps yet, Hopping Fi cam help me out.

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

See thing is.. Im probly bearly giving them rated power, Yes i have a rated 20k but only clampijg about 10-12k now ( was 14k with sa10s) And im popping dustcaps off which inturn are pulling the surrounds off cone because the dustcaps are asically glued to the surround.. Ive got 3 subs that havent launched dustcaps yet, Hopping Fi cam help me out.

Funny you mention that..

The BTL N3 12s in a buddies car I built are tore apart, the voicecoil was not linear anything over minimum excursion. Cutting the cone/coil out you could see with the naked eye how crocked it was..

Also a pair of SSD 12s had crazy tinsel slap and recones will be here tuesday for those. Scott said they have sewn leads so no way possible for that to happen (even tho they are free floating tinsels on the subs) The yellow spiders are turning black and rubbing thru, same for the felt pads under the cone...

Fi is taking a HUGE crap now days

are you speaking direct with scott?

im going to call him tomorrow if so...

edit: btw these 2 ssd 12s are in a box that is about 2cubed per woofer, powered by a alpine mrp-500 per sub at 1.4 ohms, system fully tuned with dd-1 and cc-1... Loaded with cooling, and aluminum flatwound coil (but free floating leads).

Great build and scores.

Sorry to hear about your issues with Fi. It's like pulling teeth to get them to help nowadays. I'd switch to AA but I'm guessing there's AA customers in the same boat as you, me, and other Fi customers.

SMD Super Seller/Buyer

Audison----Hertz----Rainbow

Same options i have, set with DD1 and then tirned down a tad to completly avoid distortion

And still have leads burning spiders.. On every single sub

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

Archived