using diodes to step up voltage

oh shit, i looked at the diaphram, i know what you're talking about now... maybe i need to put the diodes there??

It's not in a diagram in this thread man late model GM vehicles read the load off of the ground (what are you talking about 1/0 this has to do with the cars electrical) and then charge accordingly. Read up on it... There are three modes, economy (no charge), charge (12.9-14.7'ish), and start (15-15.8'ish) which tops off the battery. If there isn't a load and it's hot out the ECU tells the system to stop charging to conserve fuel or low charge (12.9-13.x).

Maybe the cars don't have it, but I thought all models did as of 07. The only way I know of to force it to charge is to run one of your amps through the pickup which is on my list for this spring (going to run 4g from my 4 chan through it so it sees a load).

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

0425011335.jpg

That looks like it, but afaik (unless it's different on your car) that should go around the ground...

Also I was just saying how to resolve the no charge or low charge issue nothing to do with increasing voltage, I just said lemme know if you figure it out :drinks: Looks like you had already done it (I keep forgetting to do it), but like I said on mine the pickup is on the ground.

Pioneer X8500
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

lol that loop is wrapped around my ground.. lol, but yes i understand what you're saying now.. i'm gonna work on it more, and see what results i get from this

and what is afaik?

As far as I know

I just saw blue wire and assumed positive (I run blue and black) ;)

EDIT:

nevermind i failed.. i googled it.. as far as i know.. afaik.. i'm a dumbass

There are 8 million acronyms man you can't know them all :P

Pioneer X8500
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

ok here is my result from a new testing, 1 6 amp diode gained me .6 to .7 volts, my car normally idles 14.0 to 14.1

which is now seeing 14.6 to 14.7 huge difference

this is for the newer gm late model cars with the RVC alternator, the diode went inline with the sense wire (mine was orange) but in reality, its not inline, i made a loop, thus making the regulator see an extra load.

Wish non contributing members could not see this. I feel like this could be dangerous if in the wrong hands, so I'll say this again, attempt this AT YOUR OWN RISK.

lower tuning is just hard. I was surprised how loud 145 sounds at 35hz, and how quiet 145 sounds at 50hz.

-= 2005 Tahoe LT =-Head unit: Pioneer AVH-X5500BHSSource: iPad Mini in dash

Subs: 2 T1 12's

Sub Amp: T1500-1bdCPWire: Rockford Fosgate 1/0 awgSignal Cable: MonsterFronts:Stock Bose for now:)Rears: Stock Bose for now:)MIds/High amp: Stock Bose for now:)

2005 Tahoe Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/172529-2005-tahoe-my-17th-vehicle/

2001 Monte Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/160030-2001-monte-carlo-my-16th-car-lol/page-2#entry25309381997 Tahoe Build Log: http://www.stevemead...oe-6-15-rf-15s/2001 Impala Build Log: http://www.stevemead...katzkin-inside/SMDSig3-26-12.jpg

Archived