:ban2: holy shit thread jack :ban2:

sorry about that man. keep it up with the good work on the bike. ive been riding for a while now and dont see my self quitting. :drinks:

MY TRUCK BUILD - 1976 F-100 Ranger. Fully built 482 big block, 4 DC lvl4 15's in a blowthrough, plenty of custom fabrication.

MY HATCH BUILD - 1993 Honda Civic DX Hatchback . Clean daily driver, dropped, subtle customization.

teamxa2-1.jpg

Back to the OP, What method are you using for the application of paint? My mom has a mountain bike that i ride with my gf around town and stuff and i was thinking of painting it a more manly color than pink and light blue lol. You doing rattle can, HVLP, sending it to get powder coated? Jw. My bro has a walmart bmx bike but neither of us can ride it because of our size it makes the chain slip when we ride it. Anyone have any ideas of fixes?

Umm hopefully HVLP but might end up rattle canned if i cant wait to get ahold of a HVLP gun

25tugio.jpg

PM me for free Photoshop stuff

SAMSQUANCH!!!!

Back to the OP, What method are you using for the application of paint? My mom has a mountain bike that i ride with my gf around town and stuff and i was thinking of painting it a more manly color than pink and light blue lol. You doing rattle can, HVLP, sending it to get powder coated? Jw. My bro has a walmart bmx bike but neither of us can ride it because of our size it makes the chain slip when we ride it. Anyone have any ideas of fixes?

about the bike, does it have the roller coaster style hub were if you pedal back it acts as a break? if it is then the wedge pieces on the inside of the hub could be slipping.

No it has hand brakes. The chain just slips when you pedal. Its prolly because of our size and the weigh it torquing the frame down. and to the OP HVLP would be nice, but with proper prep you can get a similar if not same finish with rattle can. just get even rimer, wetsand, and then paint and clear with wetsanding in between.

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

Damn! This is getting me exited to fix up my BMX. Got hit by a car about 5 years back and haven't touched it since. lol.

Click Links To View Build Logs

1994 - Mazda B3000 (Daily/Toy/Show)

2002 - Mazda Protege (Daily)

1995 - Hyundai Accent (R.I.P.)

1984 - Bronco II (Restoration Project)

Youtube Channel

about the bike, does it have the roller coaster style hub were if you pedal back it acts as a break? if it is then the wedge pieces on the inside of the hub could be slipping.

No it has hand brakes. The chain just slips when you pedal. Its prolly because of our size and the weigh it torquing the frame down. and to the OP HVLP would be nice, but with proper prep you can get a similar if not same finish with rattle can. just get even rimer, wetsand, and then paint and clear with wetsanding in between.

yea that is mainly the reason. and the front sprocket is thin and is probably shifting when you guys go to pedal and the chain slips

MY TRUCK BUILD - 1976 F-100 Ranger. Fully built 482 big block, 4 DC lvl4 15's in a blowthrough, plenty of custom fabrication.

MY HATCH BUILD - 1993 Honda Civic DX Hatchback . Clean daily driver, dropped, subtle customization.

teamxa2-1.jpg

Archived