Sundown Audio

Warhorse power output...

mr.p

It was pretty late yesterday when i started thinking about all of this. Maybe i will call them.

Cool, not trying to be a dick.

Now that I have read through all of this I'm interested in knowing now too. LOL

Car audio and Electronics did a nice review on this amp but I'm having trouble finding it on line and they didn't explain how they measured the power but said it did a little over 8000 watts at 12.5 and did the 10,000 at 14.4.

I'll try and find it.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

LOL that was quick.

http://caraudiomag.com/articles/kicker-wx100001-warhorse-amplifier-review

Specs but still doesn't explain.

Test Results

Output power @ 1% THD, 50Hz, 14.4 volts

Mono @ 4 ohms 1 x 5,494 watts

Mono @ 2 ohms 1 x 10,350 watts

Output power @ 1% THD, 50Hz, 12.5 volts

Mono @ 4 ohms 1 x 4,050 watts

Mono @ 2 ohms 1 x 8,052 watts

Distortion at rated power, 50Hz, 14.4 volts 0.66% @ 2 ohms

Input sensitivity 165mV to 5.2 volts

Frequency response (+1dB) 25Hz - 170Hz

S/N ratio (A weighted, below clipping, min. gain) >82dB

Idle current 3.5 amps

Maximum current consumption, unclipped 801 amps @

10,350 watts

Efficiency at one-third power, lowest impedance 88%

Efficiency at full power, 1%THD, lowest impedance 89.7%

Crossover slope 24dB/octave

Crossover range, lowpass 50Hz - 200Hz

Crossover range, highpass 20Hz - 60Hz

Low-frequency boost +18dB @ 40Hz

Dimensions 35"L x 17.75"W x 3.75"H

Weight 66.8 pounds

EDIT:

I'm kind of looking at like its throwing 10,000 when its pushing, then 10,000 when its pulling. So the amp is designed to throw out 10,000 watts but the DSP is telling it when to send 10,000 watts to the push side and when to send the 10,000 to the pull side.

What if you had 2 one gallon water pitchers. You only fill one up with water (thats your 10,000 watts) and you dump that water back (10,000watts of push) and forth (10,000 watts of pull) from pitcher to pitcher.

To these other guys the Warhorse was designed so you could limit the amount of output power that it could produce and no its not the fucking gain knob. Its a feature that is offered in case you did not have enough in put power to produce 10,000 watts or if your load could not handle 10,000 watts.

EDIT again:

The amp as a whole produces 10,000 watts and the DSP throws that 10,000 back and forth like a pendalum swinging from side to side.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Terryswork001.png

Roger but i spoke to kicker like 5 minutes ago with no hold time, the guy recited the line "Well it cant be compared to a conventional amplifier"

My question was would i gain power going from 2 5k's (10kw) to a warhorse. He simply stated it could not be compared.

My question of if the amplifier only powers one coil for each direction i will be losing a large amount of motorforce as i have HALF my total coil in each direction, this drop in motorforce may lead to poor numbers in my bandpass. He verified that it indeed only powers one coil in each direction but stated that the "amplifier will not have an effect of how the subs perform mechanically" :trippy:

What i get out of it is they are reciting efficiency and innovation but i dont think the tech guy even knows how it works.

Heres a doozy what if i get 2 warhorses on the 4 subs and wire them up OPPOSITE of each other so push side of amp a powers left coils, push side of amp b powers the right coils and do the same for the pull side

so when the subs go up the 2 warhorses one on each coil of the sub push up with 100% of the motorforce, and pull with 100%. :yahoo:

I want to try one that way when it fails i know i was right about the half your coil on each sub. Maybe i can use copper coils or something.

DCAUDIO

BALLS DEEP

you need to get to an engineer. like all help desks those guys are reading out of a manual and don't have any technical ability. Ask to speak to an engineer or a supervisor.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I will try that i was given someone knowledgeable at kickers e-mail addres, i guess he was or is a member here i linked him to the thread also, so we will see in a day or two if we get a proper explanation. :drinks:

DCAUDIO

BALLS DEEP

tracey focht? thats polecat if so. very good guy.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

tracey focht? thats polecat if so. very good guy.

LOL I know who knows there shit LOL ;)

Terryswork001.png

I am curious as to how this amp requires wiring to subs. I understand that the push/pull concept but what I don't understand is how resistance is perceived by the amp.

Conventionally: two, dual 2ohm subs would be wired 2+2||2+2 which is the same as 4||4 which is 2 Ohms.

*Note*: "+" is Series. "||" is Parallel

But with this system... it'd be ... uhh .. help?

I understand for the most part the wiring, its explained in the manual fairly well.

Line up for subs. with the warhorse. split the amp in half and subs in half...you now have 2 single amps with 4 single subs (voicecoils) now wire them as normal to get the proper impedance.

do the same for the other side and voila :shrug:

DCAUDIO

BALLS DEEP

Archived