Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eric78702

Torres box calculator

41 posts in this topic

Well the RE calc doesn't account for displacement, bracing, etc.....with Torres my tuning says 38hz, with RE my tuning said 35hz. :shrug:

Ok you may have caught me there. :ehh:

i'm not quite sure how mine isn't easy to use? you input dimensions, and it outputs results. you just type in width, height, and length of the box/port and you got yourself a basic box. directions are in the help buttons, and even has links to pictures that show what certain boxes/ports look like. dno what else to say to help you lol

EDIT: and if the RE calc does take out port displacement (which i hope it would do at least that), i bet it doesn't take out end correction

Edited by Torres

It doesn't I would like a visual to see where my port is...

You can put it wherever you want. Just visualize it, sketch it out, and cut pieces accordingly.

Torres calculator is easy as hell to use. Read the help section on the app, it tells you everything you need to know to use it correctly

its because your calc doesnt show what the box will look like

eh...so sue me lol. i have pictures in the help window that'll show how the port will look depending on common walls. if you can't visualize a sub on a face of the box, you shouldn't be building one :peepwall:

the RE calculator is limited to a 3 common port wall box. it's stuck on that one side, and it isn't quite 100% accurate

its because your calc doesnt show what the box will look like

eh...so sue me lol. i have pictures in the help window that'll show how the port will look depending on common walls. if you can't visualize a sub on a face of the box, you shouldn't be building one :peepwall:

the RE calculator is limited to a 3 common port wall box. it's stuck on that one side, and it isn't quite 100% accurate

Plus it doesn't do Aero's like yours :) I dont think I will ever go back to a slot port....

Personally I think the RE calculator will work fine for sealed boxes, you just have to know the space your bracing and sub take up to get your net volume, but will always use Torres Calc. for ported boxes.