Sundown Audio

Dirty Amps/ Clean Amps ???

TBusaMike

Everyone has to learn not to mess with the big dogs, some just have to learn by getting bit ;)

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

Is he really goin there with iso?

Fail in 3..

:yahoo::rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :good:

HA HA HA Thanks Ray :drinks::good:

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

In my opinion "dirty amps" only put out rated power when the power is clipped, often heavily. "Clean" amps can put out more than rated on clean non clipped signal.

This just my opinion. :shrug:

Thats called headroom.

The dirty amps are still measured by a distortion number too.

1.0% is about average for class D amps.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

Well Im just a weekend hobbyist that the enjoyment comes from the DIY aspect. Even though I havent gotten into the "high dollar" stuff yet, Im gonna know what Im doing with the equiptment I have. Alot of these Guys have really good stuff, but dont have a clue as to how to make it all work....They just go off of brand names. Now since Ive had a little time to research the two amps at hand, the only difference between the Punch amp and the AP is the fact that the Punch weighs more which would indicate that their method of cooling the amp would be through "sinking" the heat through an extra amount of aluminum in its construction and the AP unit weighs less and uses a much cheaper method of cooling (a small fan). This would explain how Punch would be able to be mounted in tighter areas with less space for air movement. If there are any other "REAL" differences please let me know

Let me guess. he sells rockford stuff so automatically every other brand in the world is junk.

:drinks:

NEW

2011 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ

2 XS Power D3400

Kicker HyperFlex 1/0

Soundstream Vir 7870bt

OLD

2010 Jeep Patriot

2 Murdered Out Black DC LVL 4 15s With XL Recones(with 1 extra spider pack a piece)

1 Crescendo BC 3500

1 MB Quart 60.4

1 Set RF T1 6x9s Up Front

1 XS Power D3400(Front)

1 XS Power D3400(Back)

2 runs of 1/0 Kicker Hyperflex

SoundStream Vir 7870bt

Fat Mat Rattle Trap Xtreme

[www.youtube.com/tntravelers33]

FEEDBACK

dude get a video of ur audiopipe kickin ass. so what u aint got the most exspensive amp out there. i used to run 4 jensen power 900 amps about 425 rms and 4 mix matched 12's sharing the same airspace when i was 16 and broke. i think i had a sony explode. a dual. akenwood anddd a visonik i think.. and i was proud as hell to have it! i hate when people bash less $$ systems.

BUILD LINK: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/112034-2-sundown-18s-98-f-150/page__p__1565972__fromsearch__1#entry1565972

98 Ford F-150
Truck:
37" superswamper tsl radials
16" ion alloy wheels
3" body lift
2" suspension lift
Offbrand brushguard
PIAA driving lights
6000K HID's
System:
2 18" Sundown Nightshaed
Aq3500
Custom Fiberglass box
fosgate T1 6x8 Coxials
bass inferno 2000 watt 4 channel
2 XS power d3100's
0 Gauge

dude get a video of ur audiopipe kickin ass. so what u aint got the most exspensive amp out there. i used to run 4 jensen power 900 amps about 425 rms and 4 mix matched 12's sharing the same airspace when i was 16 and broke. i think i had a sony explode. a dual. akenwood anddd a visonik i think.. and i was proud as hell to have it! i hate when people bash less $$ systems.

Im gonna try to post a video tomorrow, but will for sure post some pictures...Thanks Dude :good:

ill be lookin for that vid!!!

BUILD LINK: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/112034-2-sundown-18s-98-f-150/page__p__1565972__fromsearch__1#entry1565972

98 Ford F-150
Truck:
37" superswamper tsl radials
16" ion alloy wheels
3" body lift
2" suspension lift
Offbrand brushguard
PIAA driving lights
6000K HID's
System:
2 18" Sundown Nightshaed
Aq3500