Sundown Audio

Dirty Amps/ Clean Amps ???

TBusaMike

I fit in the group of people that say if your happy with your stuff then I'm happy your happy. :drinks:

I'm not going to sit here and tell you that a Punch amp is that much better than your Audiopipe amp but if you look up pics of the circuit boards you will see that they are built differently.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

Looks like damn near every single person here could use some furthering of their education.

Look up Total Harmonic Distortion (THD). Audiopipes have high THD. This isnt necessarily bad for a subwoofer amplifier, but its not "good".

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

BINGO! THD is exactly what is causing this. I agree with ISO that if you're happy you're happy and thats cool, but for me I have heard cheap amps and I have heard expensive amps. You get what you pay for in the end 9 times out of 10. Without seeing an amplifier I'm pretty confident I could give you a roundabout msrp on it just by judging by what I hear....but maybe im crazy. :trippy:

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

I'm an RF guy through and through but some of the cheaper amps and subs now a days are beast hifonics has time and time again proven to do the job

Car is 2010 Scion Tc

Currently in car

Deck- Sony XAV-60 in-dash mobile video system

Speakers- Rockford Punch 6.5in comps in the front and coax in the rear

Subs- 2 Gen 3 Rockford P3 12's dual 4 ohm

Amps- Rockford P1000-1bd and P400-4 Alpine Mrp-f300 is in for P400-4 which is out to service

Wiring- all rockford nuff said

Enclosure- Dual 12in custom box by SRQ

Battery- Optima Yellow top with big 3 done

Sound Damping- All Dynamat products 1-2 layers throughout with liner on top

rockford-fosgate-logo.gif

Link to my build log- http://down4sound.co...=newpost&t=5275

Link to my youtube- http://www.youtube.c...ser/Jville140db

MECP Advanced CEA # 110531

BassBox 6 Pro for Box Building/Re audio box calculator

If you can hear the passenger it aint loud enough!!!!!!!

QUOTE (MickyMcD @ Sep 25 2009, 07:25 PM) "My system has 30 speaker terminals, that means shits wanging doggggg....."<!--QuoteEnd--></div>

Archived