"The Idiot Who Had The Car Before Me..."

Okay, so everyone who has bought used cars has either heard this line, or used it themselves. Lets face it...the previous owner always seems less incompetent or more idiotic when it comes to doing certain things. I want to hear your stories of how you were taking something apart and found something stupid the last owner did to your car, that you had to take the time to fix.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aq0bplkNHuQ

mivtCK.png

lol but honestly man I would not have gone ripping out anything by hand until I seen first hand whats all connected to it.

I did...i followed all the wires before i made the video...i just put it back for video effect! LOL, but i do get where you are coming from.

mivtCK.png

lol but honestly man I would not have gone ripping out anything by hand until I seen first hand whats all connected to it.

Are you really gonna tell the man how to work on his own car? Seriously? <_<

OP, isn't this vid like wicked old? I know i've watched it before.

As for my "idiot before me" story, here goes. When i went to inspect the car, i had 3 ball joints on the front end failed,as well as the eBay catalytic converter(if you can even call it that). Oh and when i went to put the new sticker on, the sticker that was on it was from a totally different car scotch taped to the window. Needless to say i regret buying this car. :shrug:

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

police usually arent very smart. this video is a great example of this. get the duct tape out to fix that headliner son.

I Rock 4 Doors 4 More Whores!

SMD SUPER SELLER

my seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-mama-feedback/

more seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-slaps-yo-mama/

^^^seriously, fucking taped to the window? Fail...and as for Ebay, i wouldn't buy anything detrimental to my car's life from ebay. Maybe some wire, harnesses, etc. but these idiots who buy full exhausts, alternators, and stuff like that are asking for trouble. But yeah, this vid is kinda old, its from my last build I did, and i've sold the tahoe since then, but it was just something to start the topic off.

mivtCK.png

police usually arent very smart. this video is a great example of this. get the duct tape out to fix that headliner son.

WTF? I'm gonna take that as you kidding around. I actually was going for a fiberglassed headliner with that build.

mivtCK.png

WTF? I'm gonna take that as you kidding around. I actually was going for a fiberglassed headliner with that build.

couldnt resist. ya glassing is the best way. if your gonna do the whole thing ( paintable ) i suggest you get about 6 guys to help you put in said fiberglassed headliner to make sure it gets in there in one peice. otherwise your not gonna be a happy camper.

I Rock 4 Doors 4 More Whores!

SMD SUPER SELLER

my seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-mama-feedback/

more seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-slaps-yo-mama/

I mean, if the car runs, doesn't have any costly mechanical probs, and the interior is decent, a grand isn't a bad price for a bump car. Not a bad price for a car period, no matter what you use it for.

mivtCK.png

This is why you should buy cars from rich people- they're lazy and pay certified shops to do everytime lmao

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread