Sonic Electronix

whats the most largest amp you can safely run threw 4g wire

you need to see the wire brand, I make a display at work showing some kicker 4 gauge vs some offbrand 4 gauge, and the off brand is about the wiring amount of 10 gauge, and the kicker is true 4 gauge, that makes a huge difference, and that determines what to fuse it at, which can mean life or death for your car if you fuse it to high, need the wiring brand..

2006 Mazda3 Hatchback Black 5 Spd Manual
Pioneer 4300DVD
2 Sundown SA-12 (34hz Tune, 3.22 cubes, 14.5 inches per cube, Triple Baffle)
Kicker 10ZX2500.1 (2845 RMS) Sub Amp
Kicker 11ZX650.4 (705 RMS) Mid Amp -- (3 Amps)
Kicker KQ3 Active Crossover
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer
Kicker 09QS60.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones)
Kicker 09QS65.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones) - (3 Sets)
2/0 Gauge Electron Beam Technologies (3 Runs, 2 +, 1 -)

1/0 Gauge KNU Kollasal Flex (1 Run for -)

300 Ft Kicker X-Series 16 Gauge Speaker Wire
XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)
Singer Externally Regulated Alternator (Being Built)

+ The Love for Car Audio and BASS <3

UBL Build Log <------- Click Here-------> Normal Build Log (For Comments)

wire says dc power distrabution cable

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

wire says dc power distrabution cable

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

sorry double post but so i should deff be good running that amp of that wire already have 4g from battery to trunk gona do my big 3 with 0 though just trying to save a little bit of money

4 gauge is more than adequate for the AP1500. I did the same thing with the big 3 too, I used 0 gauge welding wire so I'd have room to upgrade my electrical down the road, and I run Tsunami 4 gauge to my AQ1200.

2002 Camry XLE

35% tints all around

17'' Enkei FD-05 rims

Fi Q15 in 3.8cu ft box tuned to 32Hz

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

AudioQue AQ1200d

4 Gauge Tsunami wiring/RCA's

mids/highs - OEM JBL system

AudioTechnix Deadner

Big 3 upgrade

My YouTube

depends on what brand of 4 gauge wire, if its good stuff, it can take between 100-125 amps of power, multiply that by 14.4 and that would be 1800 watts, but in reality that would be pushing that wire, I wouldn't run much more then 1200 watts though it continuously, otherwise I would jump to 0 gauge wire

that would depend on if its class AB or class D, and also thats the input power, not the amplifiers output power.

plus I've never had an alternator that charges at 14.4volts.

depends on what brand of 4 gauge wire, if its good stuff, it can take between 100-125 amps of power, multiply that by 14.4 and that would be 1800 watts, but in reality that would be pushing that wire, I wouldn't run much more then 1200 watts though it continuously, otherwise I would jump to 0 gauge wire

that would depend on if its class AB or class D, and also thats the input power, not the amplifiers output power.

wow, you pick my post out of everybody.......... wattage is a measurement of electricity, whether it is going into the amp or coming out of the amp, yes, it is a fact that most factory alternators charge between 14.-14.4 volts if you never knew that!!! as far as the wattage rating 1800 watts at 14.4 volts is 125 amps if you can do math, and yes 1200 watts at 14.4 is ~83 amps of power, this is what you call electricity, and watts is a measurement of this!!!, if you have a 1200 watts amplifier then factor in efficiency of perhaps 60-70% all depending on the amp, as it can vary a lot more depending on the class of the amp. So if you factor in that efficiency of 60%-70% you will get roughly 1800 watts of input, and 1200 watts of output, you see how that works? see how I am not stupid and you need to stop acting like you know everything, leave me alone you prick, I don't want you around me, you are an ass!!!!

Also if you are running your amps below 14.4 volts then you are not going to reach there maximum efficiency for many of them, as they are designed to run at a charging voltage, some even higher

Sorry for acting childish, but this guy is a total ass and think he knows everything!!! pissing me off!!!!!!!!!! :bull:

2006 Mazda3 Hatchback Black 5 Spd Manual
Pioneer 4300DVD
2 Sundown SA-12 (34hz Tune, 3.22 cubes, 14.5 inches per cube, Triple Baffle)
Kicker 10ZX2500.1 (2845 RMS) Sub Amp
Kicker 11ZX650.4 (705 RMS) Mid Amp -- (3 Amps)
Kicker KQ3 Active Crossover
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer
Kicker 09QS60.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones)
Kicker 09QS65.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones) - (3 Sets)
2/0 Gauge Electron Beam Technologies (3 Runs, 2 +, 1 -)

1/0 Gauge KNU Kollasal Flex (1 Run for -)

300 Ft Kicker X-Series 16 Gauge Speaker Wire
XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)
Singer Externally Regulated Alternator (Being Built)

+ The Love for Car Audio and BASS <3

UBL Build Log <------- Click Here-------> Normal Build Log (For Comments)

I've never had an alternator that charges at 14.4volts.

It's time for you to get a new alt then. Even the little 8O amp alt in my 9 year old Camry charges at 14.2-14.4 volts.

2002 Camry XLE

35% tints all around

17'' Enkei FD-05 rims

Fi Q15 in 3.8cu ft box tuned to 32Hz

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

AudioQue AQ1200d

4 Gauge Tsunami wiring/RCA's

mids/highs - OEM JBL system

AudioTechnix Deadner

Big 3 upgrade

My YouTube

wow, you pick my post out of everybody.......... wattage is a measurement of electricity, whether it is going into the amp or coming out of the amp, yes, it is a fact that most factory alternators charge between 14.-14.4 volts if you never knew that!!! as far as the wattage rating 1800 watts at 14.4 volts is 125 amps if you can do math, and yes 1200 watts at 14.4 is ~83 amps of power, this is what you call electricity, and watts is a measurement of this!!!, if you have a 1200 watts amplifier then factor in efficiency of perhaps 60-70% all depending on the amp, as it can vary a lot more depending on the class of the amp. So if you factor in that efficiency of 60%-70% you will get roughly 1800 watts of input, and 1200 watts of output, you see how that works? see how I am not stupid and you need to stop acting like you know everything, leave me alone you prick, I don't want you around me, you are an ass!!!!

Also if you are running your amps below 14.4 volts then you are not going to reach there maximum efficiency for many of them, as they are designed to run at a charging voltage, some even higher

Sorry for acting childish, but this guy is a total ass and think he knows everything!!! pissing me off!!!!!!!!!! :bull:

I support you mate. He has no reason to call you out when your trying to help the OP... Why is it that I'm noticing so much more bickering on the forum now? It wasn't like this when I joined :P

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

I run Tsunami 4 gauge to my DTR1.400 which is 1400 rms at 1 ohm. works fine

2003 VW Jetta Wagon AA Mayhem 15's Flatline BA2 2 XS D3100's in rear Shuriken BT80 under hood

Mike Singer 250A SHCA and KnuKonceptz wire Big 4+

AQ / Dayton pro mids+monsoon tweets

My Build : http://www.stevemead...35#entry1989435

Archived