Sonic Electronix

smd.png

as topic says does it seem fine? wanna have it all planed out before install?

what me what u guys think

CAR

-2005 Ford Mustang (Legand Lime)

H/U

-Pioneer avh 3200dvd

Amps

2 AQ 3500d.1s strapped 1ohm daily .25burps

1Sundown Audio 100.4

1 Sundown Audio 125.2

Subs

4 AQ HDC'4s 12's

Mids and highs

4 Sundown Neo Pro 8s

2 AQ Super Tweeters

Electronical

Mechman 270 unit

1 D3400

2 D3100's

WALLED!

Guest BlueberrySPL

smd.png

What about fuses at the alt. And first batt?

smd.png

yea see i knew i missed something the 1st batt will recive a 300amp fuse correct? and as for fuse in the alt never knew that gets fused as well, what kinda fuse do you reccomd for a mechman 270?

CAR

H/U

-Pioneer avh 3200dvd

Amps

1Sundown Audio 100.4

1 Sundown Audio 125.2

Subs

4 AQ HDC'4s 12's

Mids and highs

4 Sundown Neo Pro 8s

2 AQ Super Tweeters

Electronical

Mechman 270 unit

1 D3400

2 D3100's

WALLED!

Guest BlueberrySPL

smd.png

yea see i knew i missed something the 1st batt will recive a 300amp fuse correct? and as for fuse in the alt never knew that gets fused as well, what kinda fuse do you reccomd for a mechman 270?

Yeah I would fuse,everything. Just in caselol. But I would rate the fuse on what your wire is rated. At least thats what I would do.what kind of wire do you have

My link

i have this kinda of wire

and for anything smaller than 0 gauge its stinger hpm

and as for the fuses what would u use for a fuse on the alt then? a 300amp?

*spelling*

Edited by KnockinthaStreetzof608

CAR

H/U

-Pioneer avh 3200dvd

Amps

1Sundown Audio 100.4

1 Sundown Audio 125.2

Subs

4 AQ HDC'4s 12's

Mids and highs

4 Sundown Neo Pro 8s

2 AQ Super Tweeters

Electronical

Mechman 270 unit

1 D3400

2 D3100's

WALLED!

bump for not wanting to burn down my car :peepwall:

CAR

H/U

-Pioneer avh 3200dvd

Amps

1Sundown Audio 100.4

1 Sundown Audio 125.2

Subs

4 AQ HDC'4s 12's

Mids and highs

4 Sundown Neo Pro 8s

2 AQ Super Tweeters

Electronical

Mechman 270 unit

1 D3400

2 D3100's

WALLED!

Guest BlueberrySPL

bump for not wanting to burn down my car :peepwall:

Nice. Well the 300 amp fuse should be fine at the alt. Another question.why are you grounding your 5k amp to your battery then to your chassis?. Im not sure if thats the way to do it.correct me if im wrong.

For your fuses make sure you have a fuse on BOTH SIDES of the power wire going from the front to rear batteries and on both sides of the power wire going from the one d3100 to the other d3100. If you fail to do this you can short out your wire, blow one of the fuses but all the power on that other side of the wire will keep flowing and burn your car right up. Take it from the guy who didnt do that and almost lost his car. lol.

As for grounding the amp to the battery directly. I have done both grounding to the battery and then grounding to the chassis with the same amp, box, alt, subs, everything and didnt notice any difference other than it was easier to do. Im going to have 4 power wires going right to the positive of my rear battery and 4 going to the ground of the battery. If you try to put 3 of those grounds which are my 3 amps onto a grounding point of the vehicle it would be a lot harder to do than to just go to the battery. I find it easier to go to the battery and do it than to the grounding point.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Oooh ok. Thanks for clearing that up. It confused melol

Youre welcome. Its more preference. When i did my system i had the fuses on every single power wire for my amps. For the power wire that goes from the front to rear battery i have it fused with a 300 amp fuse on both sides of the wire. My alt i did NOT fuse at all, theres no point in my eyes to do it, its protected enough for me but oh well. Its personal preference. Most alternator guys say to never fuse your alt as it can affect how much current it can pass and all that so thats the big reason i didnt fuse that wire. Other than the alternators charge wire, all my other positive wires are fused. Hell even my fosgate 3sixty.2 will be fused with a 15 amp fuse. lol.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress