Sonic Electronix

I was just wondering if theres really any major difference in weather or not you put the sub with magnet in the box or if you put the sub inside out and magnet out of the box?? as far as i can think i know it would give more box space but weather or not it makes a difference in sound i would like to know because i did it a while ago with my old set up of 2 12'' kicker cvx's and i seemed to notice they where slightly louder..... so if anyone has any information on that it would be greatly appreciated thanks!

yup no difference except you gain a little bit more space

pretty much.........some subs depending on what they are and how much power you put to them, you can hear the air passing thru the basket causing "noise" but if its in the trunk of a vehicle your not going to notice it unless you pop your trunk to show off while its playing.

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

I did this with one of my kicker solo x as you saw in one of my install i have a little car and it was under 4 cubic feet so i did all calculation with sub in the box worked a treat but i know it is cool to watch the coil up and down in rear view mirror! I guess its louder because the cone is pushing more air in the box as theres more cone area inside then out the box.

KICKER Livin' Loud

Guest MegaloManiac
i nerver really liked it, smelled the coils easily.

i think its just for looks.

if you are smelling coil, then you have problems. turn dem gains down

to the op. doesnt make a difference if its inverted or not if its in the exact same size enclosure. some subs dont like to be inverted and make noises. here is an MX and a mag. the mx doesnt like to be inverted u can clearly hear. the mag doesnt seem to mind it :)

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=10560

Edited by MegaloManiac