Sonic Electronix

Whats the point of knowing the peak of ur cars cabin

I threw a 12" in a 2 cube box with a kicker 750.1 and i was at 47 Hz Nissan Maxima i tuned my fart box to 50 tho and its louder.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Club 150 (15x.x)

Youtube

Future Build:

1x 15" T3 TSNS

2x Sundown Audio SAZ3000d Parellel strapped

Also, when i had 3 10´s in the swift, my box was tuned to 43 hz and peaked at 44 hz , frequency of the car it´s 59 hz at the trunk, you might wonder, why the hell it peaked that low??? well, port was SO DAMN CLOSE to the hatch, that the hatch itself seemed to drop my tuning frequency lol, i could play 12 or 13 hz below tuning without bottoming out ;)

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

AMI said center of cone not me for the record lol. Really depends on application though. Walls this seems to WORK REALLY well. Specially if it is sealed properly. I have not seen it not work well on an suv either. Trunks are tricky little buggers and the smallish hatchbacks seem to be a bit weird too. But all and all it is a great method. It can be very usefull, but sometimes there are factors playing against it that I nor anyone here I think can fully understand to be 100% without testing.

what about an unsealed wall?

distance of 4 feet from the woofers to the windscreen maybe, 4.5feet?

wait, so it works on SUVs, but not hatches or sedans... we're down to 30% now...

walled.jpg

Last un-sealed wall worked too lol as does my sedan with a seat box and many of the suvs I have tested and built.

but I think this has grown out of what is ment to be a good starting point to start testing from. As I said this method get you close A LOT then you can test and fine tune it in using a TL. I have found this method to work most the time for me. If its not to your liking DON'T use it. I will stick to it. I like it, it works for me most the time and cuts my testing time WAY down lol. and numbers don't lie :drinks:

1/4 wavelenght WORKS for a starting point, not everybody has a TL to test a lot, it´s better to use the 1/4 wave rather than been blind you when you are building an enclosure, i used that in the past when i didn´t have a TL and it worked nice, but i honestly think it´s easier to go to TERMPRO and just ask for the peak of your car, everyone over there has tested hundreds of models in the past and can point you out, give you some tips and inputs ;)

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

1/4 wavelenght WORKS for a starting point, not everybody has a TL to test a lot, it´s better to use the 1/4 wave rather than been blind you when you are building an enclosure, i used that in the past when i didn´t have a TL and it worked nice, but i honestly think it´s easier to go to TERMPRO and just ask for the peak of your car, everyone over there has tested hundreds of models in the past and can point you out, give you some tips and inputs ;)

if 1/4 wave works, wouldn't a box like this, thats adding 2.2meters to the distance from the woofer, to the windscreen, result in the peak changing?

ouchry.jpg

I would say that 1/4 wavelength works some of the time... but the issue is you don't know if its going to work for your car or not, so you could be 15Hz off from what your car really peaks at!

I agree with you there. If you can piggy back someone elses hard work to cut time and have a FOR SURE thing you bet your ass I do it lol

Would measuring from the mouth of the tapered horn work better in this case? I haven't done testing but have some theories on it for different cases.

SPL-Lab REPCar: 1996 Honda Accord F22B1 CoupeSuspension: Megan Racing Full Street Coilover Dampener KitAlternator: DC Power XP 270Batteries: XS Power D5100 & D3100Wiring: KnuKonceptz & 2/0 Welding cableHeadunit: Kenwood KDC-MP642UComponents: Hybrid Audio ClarusAmplifers: Lanzar OPTI250X4Subwoofer: 2 Sundown Audio E8.v2Deadener: Sound Deadener ShowdownSPL Meter: SPL-Lab RTA Pro meterWant an SPL meter for a lot less than the cost of a Termlab, but just as accurate and has the same features? PM me.CA ref: (enellz, 92c1v1c, el_chupo_, Thixx, Kraudio12, SethPhillips, NJack2AF, JamesKarr, ExpoSport, 01 S 10, wgsj_fortvalley, fast306stang, Lakota, blackga, TheLow, adrian1185, the727kid, rudy, sundownz, lmllopez, traksta15, gentlejax, satchel50207, Bigthangs, Goindef154)CACO ref: (extremechevyman67, ghostmechanic, FatBoy2, TheMan007, bdufner, 350zkid, ironb, bmansbach)SSA ref as phi: ( shizzzon, porkchop, onebadmonte, stevemead, TRP, ///M5, denim)SMD ref: (DC Power Rob, Nathan@XSPOWER, Jman08)And then some.

Remember the mainly point of what this thread becomed, RF of a car it´s used mostly for burp boxes because you need to squeeze every tenth you can on the meter, for daily i wouldn´t care that much since you guys at the US play mostly low frequencies.

Also, since a SUV has a lower peak than a small hatchback car, you can count that a no wall box for groundpounding would be louder in a SUV, better example??? i tried my suzuki´s swift box (2 DD 3518´s and 32 hz tuning) in the explorer, oh my god, WAYYYYY louder and lower :yahoo:

Archived