Sonic Electronix

Whats the point of knowing the peak of ur cars cabin

Ok.. I measured my Mountaineer (aka Explorer) I get a length of 12' 6" from where they place the termlab meter to the center of the rear hatch.

Now putting that into the wave length calculator and this is what you get.

WaveLength2003Explorer.jpg

now based on the 1/2 wave length frequency of 45.2hz it is just about right on the money because when I was on the termlab my peak was at 44hz.

Now add the complete wavepath. From back hatch to subs as well. Im sure you will find it even closer :drinks: BTW thanks for your research. Im sure it will be helpful to many that could not see the connection and also helpful to the op and the tuning of his vehicle.

Okay so do i tune my next ported box to my quarter wave length of my truck??!?!?!? :trippy:

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

NO!! If you tune there your peak would be off for music lol. Unless you are wanting to just go for numbers and run a huge net to sq.in port ratio to narrow your bandwidth to the specific area and nothing else to burp only. Using a more musical port design 12-14sq.in on your subs and about 6 net per. 32-35Hz would get you done nice. Should play everything in normal sub range well with a nice peak around your resonant.

would one therefore assume that creating a box to extend the distance between the woofers, and the TL sensor would lower the peak frequency...

In theory, but other factors can have an effect. Say you use a fart box. With a very large port and low net to really narrow bandwidth. It could peak outside of resonant, but if you can tune it in to the resonant you will see BIG gains. Measuring for wavelength is one of the ways I have learned to help me achieve results faster. As it normally is pretty close. This is also assuming your enclosure is designed to work with it. As I said in my first post. You can also use it to get a flatter response as well understanding it. buy building an enclosure that will tapper off just below this peak but then the resonant starts to up and you actually get a nice flat response instead of a peak.

So box tuned around 32-35 and about 12inch of port per cubic foot?

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

so, I measured from the centre of the hatch on my hatchback, to the position of the TL sensor on the windscreen, and its about 8foot 2inches...

so, by your information, what would you assume this car to peak at?

What is the actual configuration of your set up. It does matter lol. if it is sub rear or up port rear, measure from mic to hatch to subs. That would be your rough wavelength. Then you could tell me more about you equipment and enclosure and I bet I can get pretty close.

so, I measured from the centre of the hatch on my hatchback, to the position of the TL sensor on the windscreen, and its about 8foot 2inches...

so, by your information, what would you assume this car to peak at?

What is the actual configuration of your set up. It does matter lol. if it is sub rear or up port rear, measure from mic to hatch to subs. That would be your rough wavelength. Then you could tell me more about you equipment and enclosure and I bet I can get pretty close.

two 12's rear firing, port rear firing.

subsz.jpg

12inches from subs to hatch, 8foot 2inch from hatch to mic.

Archived