CaptainzPlanetz Posted April 14, 2011 Report Posted April 14, 2011 I am picking up this, in about a week or so to replace my Sony Wega, I think it will be a pretty good upgrade. http://www.sharpusa.com/ForHome/HomeEntertainment/LCDTVs/LC60LE920UN.aspx They aren't cheap though.... ¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ Trolls never learn............ All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls. YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS? Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.
412 CVX Posted April 14, 2011 Report Posted April 14, 2011 My LED cinema display shows no sign of purple tinting It is not just a terrible hard color, but I bet if you watched it side by side with the same TV in the standard LCD version, you would see a difference. It is worse on some TVs than others, and they are finding ways to improve it. if you get a cheap LED then yes, you might see a purplish tint. but if you get a nicer LED, you shouldn't see any discoloration at all. LED's are designed to reproduce one of the most accurate pictures you will ever see. some have even argued that they look too real. go to your local best buy and ask to see the new samsung 7000 series LED. that is probably the most beautiful TV i have ever seen. here's a little tip for everyone: take your tv out of store demo mode! and if you have an LED tv, get it calibrated! ask your local best buy sales associates about it. Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs. My temp system build log More box buildssome cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches! I'm with captain stupid.
rusty959 Posted April 14, 2011 Report Posted April 14, 2011 ^x2. I have a led monitor next to a traditional and I have never noticed a tint. Looks perfect. 2013 Subaru BRZ12" Orion HCCA on AQ 22001967 mustang restoration project: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110765-mustang-restoration-build-2011-edition/ Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/therusty959
larrys95civic Posted April 14, 2011 Report Posted April 14, 2011 <----cedia certified installer and calibration is BS!!! I almost pissed my pants when a Best Buy employee told me about how they put suction cups on the screen to pull out the color in an LCD!!! Team Superior SPL Former Installer at Driven Sound & Security http://www.drivenss.com All kinds of forsale threads http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164247-amps-subs-and-misc/#entry2383262 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164430-polk-audio-sda6000-sound-bar/#entry2386634 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164279-3-michael-kors-watches/#entry2383983 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164549-more-items-from-storage/ http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/166967-dd-9518s-amps-kenwood-custom-explorer-dash/ If someone is feeling generous I'd love an original sig LOL
rusty959 Posted April 14, 2011 Report Posted April 14, 2011 Sure they weren't trying to use... say... a metaphor? 2013 Subaru BRZ12" Orion HCCA on AQ 22001967 mustang restoration project: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110765-mustang-restoration-build-2011-edition/ Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/therusty959
larrys95civic Posted April 14, 2011 Report Posted April 14, 2011 Very sure, It was an entire buy the 149.00 calibration pitch. Been an HT installer for 12 years I've heard it all. Team Superior SPL Former Installer at Driven Sound & Security http://www.drivenss.com All kinds of forsale threads http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164247-amps-subs-and-misc/#entry2383262 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164430-polk-audio-sda6000-sound-bar/#entry2386634 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164279-3-michael-kors-watches/#entry2383983 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164549-more-items-from-storage/ http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/166967-dd-9518s-amps-kenwood-custom-explorer-dash/ If someone is feeling generous I'd love an original sig LOL
rusty959 Posted April 14, 2011 Report Posted April 14, 2011 Sounds pretty entertaining. 2013 Subaru BRZ12" Orion HCCA on AQ 22001967 mustang restoration project: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110765-mustang-restoration-build-2011-edition/ Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/therusty959
412 CVX Posted April 14, 2011 Report Posted April 14, 2011 <----cedia certified installer and calibration is BS!!! I almost pissed my pants when a Best Buy employee told me about how they put suction cups on the screen to pull out the color in an LCD!!! it's fairly obvious that the best buy employee you talked to had no idea what he was talking about. weather or not the calibration is worth 149.99 is arguable. but i don't think there is any dispute in the statement that calibrated tv's look better than their uncalibrated counterparts. straight out of the box, the tv will be in retail mode with the colors and brightness cranked up because it's trying to get your attention by being brighter than all the other tvs on the wall. the manufacturer knows the general population thinks brighter = better, which isn't entirely true. just because looking at your tv is like looking straight into a flashlight, does not necessarily make it a better tv. Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs. My temp system build log More box buildssome cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches! I'm with captain stupid.
larrys95civic Posted April 14, 2011 Report Posted April 14, 2011 whelp then time for you to fill us in on what is actually done to calibrate a tv. Team Superior SPL Former Installer at Driven Sound & Security http://www.drivenss.com All kinds of forsale threads http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164247-amps-subs-and-misc/#entry2383262 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164430-polk-audio-sda6000-sound-bar/#entry2386634 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164279-3-michael-kors-watches/#entry2383983 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164549-more-items-from-storage/ http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/166967-dd-9518s-amps-kenwood-custom-explorer-dash/ If someone is feeling generous I'd love an original sig LOL
iKidwell Posted April 14, 2011 Author Report Posted April 14, 2011 There's so much shit confusing me right now...and whoever suggested a 50" plasma from wal-mart..i would do it, but it's a little too big, 46" is gonna be the biggest i can go for sure, i wish someone would just throw me like 3 links in a post of good tv's at a good price to choose from, whether it's best buy or another online store c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old. i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer. 2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan Build in Progress
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.