Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Ok well seeing that I'll be in college for 4 years starting this August i'm starting to look into getting a new tv for the dorm(being a dorm it can't be huge.) so i've been looking around on bestbuy.com and other places i just don't know what to really look for. Is there a HUGE difference between 1080p and 720p? And the Tv will be at least 42 inches, going to get the biggest one i can afford/fit most likely, and it will be a plasma/LCD. The 1080p numbers etc are the only things i really know about with TV's..most i wanna spend is like $550-600..just looking for some guidance.. :popcorn:

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

Posted

Bro, i got a 42" 1080i Dynex from best buy for like $469.xx Great TV...kinda off brand, but it does the same as all the rest.

mivtCK.png

Posted

Bro, i got a 42" 1080i Dynex from best buy for like $469.xx Great TV...kinda off brand, but it does the same as all the rest.

thats another thing i was wondering..does brand really matter?

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

Posted

Brand can matter

Bigger the tv the more you'll notice the high res as well

  • pa-pa-platypus

  • sorry not everybody has a companies nuts so far down their throat they catch every drop ball sweat when it falls

Posted

Brand can matter

This. A good budget brand is Vizio

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

 

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Posted

You will notice a difference playing video games in true HD and watching blu rays. Cable doesn't even come in 1080p as of now. If you play video games, and watch sports...I recommend a TV with 120hz refresh rate. Smoother motion.

But I'm picky with my TVs. If you want something cheap, get a dynex or insignia from best buy. If you buy either of those, it would be wise to purchase the warranty as well. I've seen a lot of customers get screwed by not getting the warranty.

Just my 2 cents. Good luck.

-98' Ford Expedition (Rest in Peace)

-AVH-P3300BT

-Crescendo BC5500

-4 18" DC m2 Level 3.

Posted

You will notice a difference playing video games in true HD and watching blu rays. Cable doesn't even come in 1080p as of now. If you play video games, and watch sports...I recommend a TV with 120hz refresh rate. Smoother motion.

But I'm picky with my TVs. If you want something cheap, get a dynex or insignia from best buy. If you buy either of those, it would be wise to purchase the warranty as well. I've seen a lot of customers get screwed by not getting the warranty.

Just my 2 cents. Good luck.

yeah i was looking at the insignia or the 46" RCA from bestbuy..i had no idea what the hz meant..i guess tvs are the only place i want high hz :shrug:

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

Posted

Ok well seeing that I'll be in college for 4 years starting this August i'm starting to look into getting a new tv for the dorm(being a dorm it can't be huge.) so i've been looking around on bestbuy.com and other places i just don't know what to really look for. Is there a HUGE difference between 1080p and 720p? And the Tv will be at least 42 inches, going to get the biggest one i can afford/fit most likely, and it will be a plasma/LCD. The 1080p numbers etc are the only things i really know about with TV's..most i wanna spend is like $550-600..just looking for some guidance.. :popcorn:

My youngest son has broken 3 tvs this year, so I had to replace them all with budget ones. The last one I got was a Zenith 42" 720p plasma at Sears for $429. I have bought 2 LCDs and 1 Plasma tv, in 42", 32" & 32" inch screens. The 32" Vizio I got ws 1080P, I paid $650 for. Unless you get something bigger than 42" 1080P & 720P is not going to improve any picture that you can see with the naked eye. If you do video gaming, I would get a 1080P set, you will notice the picture is way improved over a 720P.

The last 32" tv I got was at Walmart for $329 which was 720p, I think the 1080p 42" tvs were about $500 at Walmart. I wouldn't buy BB tv brand. Your best warranty replacement price is $49 for 3 years on a 42" at Walmart.

Make sure whatever brand you get, you get alot of input connections. I would say at least 3 HDMI, 2 PS, SVHS, some RCA, SPDIF, VGA or miniport. BTW Plasma is better than LCD in picture quality. If you get a plasma it will keep your room nice and warm at night, but the blacks are darker and the motion blur is not an issue like a LCD unless you get a 120hz or higher refresh LCD. For you price range, Plasma will get you the most bang for your buck! You will even have change to buy something else!

plasmavslcd.jpg

2 Rockford Fosgate Punch P3 P3D412 in a 4.75 cu. ft sealed box.

Alpine Type-R SPR-17S 2-way component 6.5"

Alpine SPR-57C 5" x 7" 2-Way Coaxial Speaker (Pair)

RF T1000-1bdCP

Alpine MRP-F300

62.5 SQ Ft. Audio Wrap

Stinger SPC122 Capacitor 1 Farad Chrome w/Blue Neon

Limo Tint All Back 5 Windows

2mgqurs.png

358c1w1.gif

computergeek.jpg

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 386 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...