Sonic Electronix

just ordered an ap1800 and one of the 2 recones for me re se 12s so im in a pretty good mood now :P just a few questions does anyone know what kinda waiting period i should expect for the recone. and what kinda glue should i use that can be found at walmart or lowes. also ive seen people use cardboard from a beer box as a shim would u guys say that ok? im looking for stuff i can use with out having to buy more stuff im almost broke now lol

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

that thin cardboard is all i have ever seen used, except for at DCsoundlabs.

use CA glue. you can find it at any hobby store. and go to harbor freight and get yourself 2 tubes of little clamps. they are only $5, maybe less, each.

this is what it looks like when I recone. the tube they come in is on the left sub.

P1030582.jpg

Edited by skittlesRgood

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

or if you dont have the clamps all you need to do is put glue on the spider landing and surround on the basket, and just put a shim in and stick the recone on and set a battery or weight and just let that put the pressure on the landing and for the surround and hit the landing with accelerator and your good to go :drinks:

i did a friends xl 15" and they threw it in 30 minutes later and beat on it all the way home :)

DCAUDIO

BALLS DEEP

I'm not a fan of not using clamps. Mr. P knows this all too well. his method may work, but I would never trust it personally.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

I use clamps as well. Not as many, lol, but clamp or you'll get STDs...and die.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

I use clamps as well. Not as many, lol, but clamp or you'll get STDs...and die.

some of the clamps that wouldnt fit on the box i was making, because it was too full of clamps.

P1020475.jpg

can never have too many clamps. :pardon:

http://www.hobbylinc.com/htm/paa/paapt01.htm

so this is the glue i need to get.

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

hey u think it would be alright if i could have the beer after you use the cardboard as shims? :pardon:

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

hey u think it would be alright if i could have the beer after you use the cardboard as shims? :pardon:

^^ Only if you share :drinks:

2x Mtx JH551204(soon to be 4)

2x Hifonics hfi12d4s

1xMTX Terminator 250.1

custom built box tuned to 35 hz

Dual xdvd710 head unit (soon to be a double din)

1999 Pontiac Montana (minivan pimpin)