Sundown Audio

5 Channel Amp

jreese92

Looking for a solid 5 channel amp, looking to run about 100 watts x 4 and somewhere around 300 to the sub. I want to stay somewhere in the $300 range if at all possible, I've looked at the Alpine PDX-5 which is underrated and puts 102 x 4 and 400 x 1 on the sub, but also is $400 + tax.

Pioneer 6300ub

Rockford Prime 6.5's

Pioneer 6x9's

Alpine MRP-M500

10" Alpine Type R

1.4 Cubic Foot Enclosure Tuned to 34 hz

Stinger 4 Gauge Wires

That would sound good to me, never had a kicker amp, also with a 5 channel amp is there 2 crossovers to set? One for the sub and one for the speakers?

Pioneer 6300ub

Rockford Prime 6.5's

Pioneer 6x9's

Alpine MRP-M500

10" Alpine Type R

Stinger 4 Gauge Wires

That would sound good to me, never had a kicker amp, also with a 5 channel amp is there 2 crossovers to set? One for the sub and one for the speakers?

It depends on the amp. I had a older alpine that did not have separate crossovers. I guess you were supposed to have the audio changes done before the signal hit the amplifier.

But most newer models have some sort of x-over feature.

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |

It depends on the amp. I had a older alpine that did not have separate crossovers. I guess you were supposed to have the audio changes done before the signal hit the amplifier.

But most newer models have some sort of x-over feature.

For both the speakers x4 and the sub? like 80 hz for the speakers and 40 or something for the sub, i dont know much about setting gains or anything so its just an example.

Pioneer 6300ub

Rockford Prime 6.5's

Pioneer 6x9's

Alpine MRP-M500

10" Alpine Type R

Stinger 4 Gauge Wires

Archived