Sonic Electronix

Hey all, wanted to ask yall a question because me and my brother are seriously considering it...

Would we see an improvement in SPL and SQ if we were to switch out our SC DD3515f with 2 AQHDC315s in my 2000 Dodge Dakota? It would be on the same power, an Aq2200, with plans to add another Aq2200 to the AQ at a later point. With double the cone area initially, I would expect a increase in SPL, but not sure how the HDC315s do in the SQ department.

This is not meant to be a versus thread, I know the DD3515 is a better subwoofer (imo) than a single HDC315, but 2 HDC315s seems like it would be an improvement on the one 3515... I know there are many variables to building a system, but this is assuming proper electrical is used, a proper enclosure and the like...

If this comes off as a versus thread, can a mod please lock? I don't want to be breaking any rules :P

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

you would lose sq and the aq's would probably die much sooner than the 3500

Figured they would die much sooner, but would the lose in SQ be major?

probably just going to stick with the 3515, get it reconed to a 3518 with Carbon DC and Composite cone lol...

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

two 15's vs one 15? I would take the two. More cone area.

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

you would lose sq and the aq's would probably die much sooner than the 3500

I completely disagree. If you power them correctly, they will be just fine.

That DD really is a nice sub, but those HDC3's are awesome too. I'd go with the AQ's personally.

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |

Archived