caraudiofreq Posted April 17, 2011 Report Posted April 17, 2011 To make a long story short, we had to move and start over after Hurrican Ike. I had to sell both of my projects and sold my Chevy truck, ending up with this Civic. The following video shows the work done to the car right after I got it. This is NOT a fast car, but I wanted to have really good handling, especially with the added weight, so more suspension work was needed. I added an oversized sway bar from an Acura Integra. Also installed a rear sway bar from an Integra. Also did the front camber kit, so I could get the alignment straight Had to do some more sound deadening... First I filled all the rear channels with expansion foam. Then I went over that with Cache' and Dynamat Extreme Next came power upgrades for the system. Somewhere along the way, I rebuilt the radio bezel so it could be home to a Double Din. Money has been going other places, so I went with a Jensen for now. I miss the Pioneer 4200 DVD I used to have, so I may go back to Pioneer before its all over. I got the RE Audio VLX 3DE. It fits the class I sometimes compete in perfectly. This is its temporary home. I plan on moving it to the ceiling soon. I sold the 5 channel I had (I was only using two channels) I got this Kicker 300.2 to use until I found something better. I wrapped the headliner while I was working on it. I built the new box out of Birch. It is 8 cuft, with a removable, rear fire port. Here is the box in its new home. Don't laugh too hard at the sub choice (temproary), It's a 148.8 in the kick on TL. You can also see my old Radio and DVD up front. I had these 9.2" screens laying around. Figured I might as well as put them to good use. Since the system was on hold for a while, I went ahead and fixed all of the body work. You guys might have seen the steering wheel already And this what it looks like now. I added a K40 Lazer detector I won from Mobile Electronics magazine's Upload your Install 2. I also dropped in some new driving/fog lights. Since more changes are comming, I will post those pics when I get that work done. 2005 USACi National SQ Points Champion 2008 Top 12 Installer, Mobile Electronics magazine 2009 Top 12 Installer, Mobile Electronics magazine 2010 Top 12 Installer, Mobile Electronics magazine 2012 Top 100 Installer, Mobile Electronics magazine
Relyks Posted April 17, 2011 Report Posted April 17, 2011 nice build man! what is going to be your sub choice? --> My Toyota Build Link / AudioQue Build . <-- Latest Update 1/16/12
levee000 Posted April 17, 2011 Report Posted April 17, 2011 Love it man an the wheels are sick i had a set on my crx. Special edition Eg wheels 2008 Yukon 2-18"s EVILS TEAM SSA TEAM AUDIOTEX
caraudiofreq Posted April 17, 2011 Author Report Posted April 17, 2011 nice build man! what is going to be your sub choice? with money being so tight right now, It's gonna be a new box design for these kenwoods. i will have to see what i can afford. since the amp is small by total output (2400 watts @ 1 ohm) I was thinking aboy Type R Alpine's. They have a great output for the price, but who knows. Never know what will end up in there. may move up into 15's, or down to a bunch of 10's. 2005 USACi National SQ Points Champion 2008 Top 12 Installer, Mobile Electronics magazine 2009 Top 12 Installer, Mobile Electronics magazine 2010 Top 12 Installer, Mobile Electronics magazine 2012 Top 100 Installer, Mobile Electronics magazine
caraudiofreq Posted April 17, 2011 Author Report Posted April 17, 2011 Love it man an the wheels are sick i had a set on my crx. Special edition Eg wheels thanks, I get flak from the guys @ work for not going aftermarket. But I like them 2005 USACi National SQ Points Champion 2008 Top 12 Installer, Mobile Electronics magazine 2009 Top 12 Installer, Mobile Electronics magazine 2010 Top 12 Installer, Mobile Electronics magazine 2012 Top 100 Installer, Mobile Electronics magazine
Ji553r Posted April 17, 2011 Report Posted April 17, 2011 looks nice and clean man I don't fuck around. I go from zero to I hope you die in less than 2 posts build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/104524-new-subs-coming-sundown-3500d-arc-audio-cable-lacing-crescendo/
kryptonite Posted April 17, 2011 Report Posted April 17, 2011 Very cool build, I have been thinkin about grabbing a smaller car and making it loud, was it easy to get the alt in? DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGERCurrently Own 4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option 2 - DC 5k lvl 4 motor lvl 2 motor On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said: this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.
RickyFriery97 Posted April 17, 2011 Report Posted April 17, 2011 Bout time ya posted it up rob. It's coming along nicely so what's next?? You should post up some pics of your intrepid 2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab 1994 Chevy Full Size blazer
Coolwazabi Posted April 17, 2011 Report Posted April 17, 2011 make u took that piece of crap and made its awesome !!! i had an EF and i hated it but im loving that steering wheel.
bigp_on_the_beat Posted April 17, 2011 Report Posted April 17, 2011 Nice build I like that new civic steering wheel on the old civic. I bet that little civic is getting a hell of a beating from those subs! No car at the moment. New system: 2 Skar Audio VVX-12s Crescendo bc2000d Carquest NGT battery (back) Deka battery (front)
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.