Sonic Electronix

I'm caught between a couple subs at the moment, i'm going to get 2 12's. The Alpine Type R's and Rockford P3's are the same price, same RMS, same enclosure size, but which would get louder or have better quality? Any opinions?

Pioneer 6300ub

Rockford Prime 6.5's

Pioneer 6x9's

Alpine MRP-M500

10" Alpine Type R

1.4 Cubic Foot Enclosure Tuned to 34 hz

Stinger 4 Gauge Wires

I'm caught between a couple subs at the moment, i'm going to get 2 12's. The Alpine Type R's and Rockford P3's are the same price, same RMS, same enclosure size, but which would get louder or have better quality? Any opinions?

I have owned both, and I preffered the P3. The type R's IMO have more issues with the design.

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |

I have owned both, and I preffered the P3. The type R's IMO have more issues with the design.

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |

Neither one, skar audio has some 12's for a good price and almost = to the SA12's for an awesome deal. Not sure on your budget but i would opt for the skar's myself over the others.

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/store/products/SKAR-Audio-VVX%252d12%22-Sub-Woofer.html

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Neither one, skar audio has some 12's for a good price and almost = to the SA12's for an awesome deal. Not sure on your budget but i would opt for the skar's myself over the others.

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/store/products/SKAR-Audio-VVX%252d12%22-Sub-Woofer.html

I've never even heard of skar audio, But i've heard good things about the type r's and p3's. I'm just looking for alot of opinions here to help me make up my mind

Pioneer 6300ub

Rockford Prime 6.5's

Pioneer 6x9's

Alpine MRP-M500

10" Alpine Type R

Stinger 4 Gauge Wires

i have owned the p3 and type r. i had both i sealed boxes they both were pretty good the type r sounded better on the low notes and the p3s killed the high bass judging from what i had. don think you would regret getting either one

2011 Chevy Tahoe

HU - Alpine W530

Wire - NVX (1/0 Envy Flex)

Amps - 2 DC Audio 5ks

Subs - 2 DC Audio XL18s

Alternators - Mechman (270a + stock)

Batts - 1 D3400 (front) + 4 D2700s (rear)

Bussbars - Toolmaker

Mids - ???

Tweets - NVX

Costs 35 more than the p3's or the R's, and the forum is the comparison of the 2, because those are the 2 that I'm most interested in because I've have heard good things about quality from them, they will be going in a sealed box.

Pioneer 6300ub

Rockford Prime 6.5's

Pioneer 6x9's

Alpine MRP-M500

10" Alpine Type R

Stinger 4 Gauge Wires

i have owned the p3 and type r. i had both i sealed boxes they both were pretty good the type r sounded better on the low notes and the p3s killed the high bass judging from what i had. don think you would regret getting either one

which had better quality in the sealed boxes?

Pioneer 6300ub

Rockford Prime 6.5's

Pioneer 6x9's

Alpine MRP-M500

10" Alpine Type R

Stinger 4 Gauge Wires

Archived