.Supra. Posted April 18, 2011 Author Report Posted April 18, 2011 ill have to take some tomorrow. its at my friends place and i have to do hw the rest of the night
.Supra. Posted April 19, 2011 Author Report Posted April 19, 2011 sorry guys ive been real busy with school this couple of days. i should hopefully have some pics up tonight but heres a list of what we're using SSR 4channel amp 8ga wiring kit 12v lawn mower battery 4 5.25" marine speakers on/off switch from autozone basically we followed what this guy did http://www.keithsibson.com/2009/how-to-build-a-stereo-cooler/ let me know if there is something he missed out to tell that might be causing our problem
uhoh_45 Posted April 20, 2011 Report Posted April 20, 2011 + comes from source ground is grounded (obviously) acc goes to amp (If I recall correctly... I might be wrong. If I am, someone correct me) hell you dont even need to ground it really all the switch is doing is breaking the current and the ground for the 3 prong is usually for the lighted up switches R.I.P! (Nov-29-2009) 92 explorer - 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz BUILD LOG current build 97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0 lumina build log
inm Posted April 20, 2011 Report Posted April 20, 2011 + comes from source ground is grounded (obviously) acc goes to amp (If I recall correctly... I might be wrong. If I am, someone correct me) hell you dont even need to ground it really all the switch is doing is breaking the current and the ground for the 3 prong is usually for the lighted up switches Well, yeah, I was accounting for the lighted switch. If you just use + and acc, it will work, but without the ground, the light won't come on. On 2/28/2013 at 2:52 PM, Chaise said: "Now spread your butt cheeks so I can zap your asshole."
skittlesRgood Posted April 20, 2011 Report Posted April 20, 2011 trouble shoot. take the remote wire, with the switch, out. hook up the amp. if the fuse blows again, your wires are backwards. if it doesnt, then you have the switch wired wrong. show us the switch. If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood. Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/ Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.
.Supra. Posted April 21, 2011 Author Report Posted April 21, 2011 okay i tried just using no switch and the fuse is still blowing. i dont have a picture of the switch but heres a link of the switch i got http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/DOR4/85912.oap?pt=N0947&ppt=C0335 here are some pics of the amp, battery, and wiring thanks for all the suggestions so far. keep em coming. i just hope we get this working
skittlesRgood Posted April 21, 2011 Report Posted April 21, 2011 so you are sure you are hooking up power and ground correctly?? did you double/triple check? i see the terminals are screwed down, so when did the fuse blow? as soon as you made contact or somewhere in the process of putting the wire in a tightening it? If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood. Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/ Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.
.Supra. Posted April 21, 2011 Author Report Posted April 21, 2011 as soon as it made contact. the wires are hooked up correctly unless the company labeled the amp wrong
.Supra. Posted April 21, 2011 Author Report Posted April 21, 2011 as soon as it made contact. the wires are hooked up correctly unless the company labeled the amp wrong
TheyDontWantMusic Posted April 21, 2011 Report Posted April 21, 2011 I would simply assume the amplifier is dead.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.