Second Skin Audio

Any feedback on SSA Dcon 12"?

Just follow SSA recommandations : 28 Hz can easily be done, but you loose output at upper frequencies.

Personally, I prefer 32 Hz.

The Dcon is a fantastic sub, and cheap : not in the same league as the Sundown SA. The Dcon is a SQ sub that can get decently loud. You will love it, but if you have some more money : get an Icon ! You'll upgrade your amp later if you feel the need of MORE POWER !!!

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

Low tuning causes the woofer to not get as much air in the vents slow linear movements create better cooling fast big movements create a wobbly catastrophe. On top of that lower freq makes voltage drop a lot worse and if your car can't handle that you could blow your woofer in seconds, over excursion is also something that plays apart if your box is too small or too big or tuning is off/over the woofer will work a lot harder, anything below 30hz I believe requires somewhat of a professional...

:facepalm:

Low frequency doesn't make voltage drop worse.

You won't have overexcursion if u tune lower(except if u tune waaaayy too low=16-19hz it could have too much excursion at 35-45hz), the woofer won't "work harder".

Below 30hz doesn't requires a pro. ><

Also tuning too low can cause suspension to break, most of the time spiders tearing is from over-excursion or lows that are too low. It may take 28hz Im not saying dont try it, but if your spider tears or something crazy dont say we didnt warn you. I know my 18 thats based towards lows only does 30-32hz in the T/S specs and this thing is a LOW monster (5 spiders etc.) and any lower than 30hz the subwoofer has a hard time.

Tuning too low won't cause a suspension to break because low tuning= less excursion at tuning.

It's not because the sub has a lot of spiders that it is made to be tuned low or that it can reach to low freqeuncies.

Maybe because you tuned the box too high that's why "the subwoofer has a hard time below 30hz".

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Archived