Sonic Electronix

I payed a local audio shop to install all the goodies I bought from them and they installed a Output Converter inside my rear deck without telling me and I found it today. The reason I went looking for this is because I remember seeing it when I installed some aftermarket components but didn't have the time to mess with it so I just unplugged it. Now I have it out of my car and was wondering if I could wire it to my subs because the amp I have does not have a high/low pass filter and my subs play some highs and mids especially on slowed songs.

TL:DR Can a Output Converter act as a low pass filter for my subs? I'm new to all this obviously so be constructive with your insults lol

Link to what I found - http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_18165_Axxess-ALOC608.html

a LOC is not a crossover. just turns the high voltage into low voltage so you can use RCAs.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Headunit*

you can edit your own posts :rolleyes:

:noob:

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Headunit*

The headunit I have has a Low Pass Filter which I have set at 60hz I believe. It also has a High Pass Filter which I have set at either 140-160hz. Someone from this forum told me before that my headunit more than likely does not have an actual filter but I can tell a difference in both the low/high filters if I turn them off and so on. However, even though I have my low pass around 60hz, I'm still getting 'high hats' and most often when I slow down artists such as Trae and Young Joc their voices get played through my subs. I have a A/B class amp with no filters on it if that helps.

Archived