Sonic Electronix

how to wire 6 speakers at 4 ohms

i was wondering if it was possible to wire 6 speakers at 4 ohms. all the speakers are 4 ohm and 4 of them are 6 1/2s and 2 of them are 6x9s. i would like to wire three to each channel if possible

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

So they are going to a two channel amp and you want 3 on each channel.

Plus I dont know if its a good idea to run 6.5's and 6x9's on the same channel. And why at 4 ohms?

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

4 ohms would draw the least amount of power. from the electrical system and what would be the problem with running 6.5s and 6x9s on the same channel

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

What amp? Speaker amps don't draw THAT much power. is your electrical really that maxed out?

Anyway you can wire the 6x9's on one channel at two ohms.

Then the other 4 6.5's to the other channel at one ohm or 4 ohms.

Thats if you separate the two speaker sizes.

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

Other than the fact that you just can't, don't.

why would it matter though if their both gonna be used for highs as long as my amp is set to high pass and their within the same amount of power

Not that I know of... if my high school physics memory is correct if you do 5 in parallel 1 in series you'll be looking at 5.25ohms

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

Its ok if you put the different size speakers on different channels.

Big 3 with Yellow Top

for my senior project i have to make a product relating to audio since i chose modern audio as my topic. and since i dont have a car i was gonna make a new fourwheeler box with 4 6.5's and 2 6x9s and a storage area as my product. its a cheap dual amp that will do about 50 watts per channel rms at 4 ohms. my only issue is i only have 10 amps of fusing to run it on. right now it runs good on the 10 amps but im afraid if i run it at two ohms it would overload that fuse

Archived