Sonic Electronix

Unloading.

?

Playing below your box tuning, If you're playing super low notes and you're tuned to 40hz that is why your subs get smelly.

thanks so much, i guess its time to start a new 33hz build!

1999 Monte Carlo

Sony CDX-GT34w

2 Alpine Type R 12"s in 4 cubes tuned to 35hz

American Bass VFL 80.1 amp @ 1 ohm (probably doing between 1000 and 1300rms)

Stock alt, Stock batt, Big 3 Upgrade

Boston s55- 5 1/4s (doors)

Boston s95- 6x9s (rear deck)

Unloading.

?

Playing below your box tuning, If you're playing super low notes and you're tuned to 40hz that is why your subs get smelly.

thanks so much, i guess its time to start a new 33hz build!

I've had the p2's on the same amp that you have. They really don't like too low of notes especially if it isn't tuned lower.

Of course there are a lot of other possibilities such as the ones listed already. Good luck on the rebuild.

4 18's, low power and lots of gay fur.

Team gg

Team DOA

My Videos :)

I never thought of that, maybe the subwoofers dont like lows I mean its only a 10" P1 lol I'd suggest tuning higher and sticking with it 35hz is your baby.

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

DC 15" Level 3's /w 4 Coils

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Audiopipe 1500.1D @ 14.4v

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

Coming Soon: 270xp / xs1200

I never thought of that, maybe the subwoofers dont like lows I mean its only a 10" P1 lol I'd suggest tuning higher and sticking with it 35hz is your baby.

I used to have the exact problem with a Type R 12 though

1999 Monte Carlo

Sony CDX-GT34w

its 4 P1 10s. that 600 rms. i have exactly 600 going into them from my T500-1bd, punch eq is at 0. I really think this is more of an enclosure or overexcursion problem resulting from it.

:facepalm:

even though the problem is solved i thought id point this out

just because your amp says 600 watts rms doesn't mean that all the subs are seeing 600 watts. you have a mono amp which means all your subs split the power. an amp cannot just make up 600 watts for all 4 subs (that would be 2k watts and that t500bd just couldn't do it)

so all in all your subs are seeing around 150 watts if you really are getting 600 watts out. then again your gain is set at 1/10 so its probably 50-100 watts/sub

just saying

build a new box and get some more power and you should have a bumpin system! :drinks:

24v1fe8.png

wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood.

here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now?

Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic

its 4 P1 10s. that 600 rms. i have exactly 600 going into them from my T500-1bd, punch eq is at 0. I really think this is more of an enclosure or overexcursion problem resulting from it.

just because your amp says 600 watts rms doesn't mean that all the subs are seeing 600 watts. you have a mono amp which means all your subs split the power. an amp cannot just make up 600 watts for all 4 subs (that would be 2k watts and that t500bd just couldn't do it)

so all in all your subs are seeing around 150 watts if you really are getting 600 watts out. then again your gain is set at 1/10 so its probably 50-100 watts/sub

just saying

build a new box and get some more power and you should have a bumpin system! :drinks:

This X2

MOAR POWER!

BassinBlazer

JL[RF][Kenwood][AQ]

I need a new amp! Sell me your amp!

Are you sure its the subs?! it could be the door speakers or back deck speakers getting the shit clipped out of em if your not careful. i have had that problem with myne getting instantly stinky as soon as the notes hit.

hahaha im sure its not the 6x9s, they're hooked up to the head-unit (until i get a new amp), got 0 bass going into them, all tweeter right now

1999 Monte Carlo

Sony CDX-GT34w

just saying

This X2

MOAR POWER!

you really think i should do more power? its so tempting but id feel guilty, the amp is so new and so fresh...

1999 Monte Carlo

Sony CDX-GT34w