Sonic Electronix

Hey guys, I recently got rid of my caddy and got a 98 Chevy Tahoe. And I must say I love this truck, it's so simple to work on, mechanically and audio wise. But anyway, I swapped everything audio wise from my caddy to my hoe, and I have realized it's time to upgrade. I'm happy with my 6x9's, but the sony xplod 5 1/4" i retrofitted into the doors aren't cutting and I blew the stock tweeters in the front doors in like 2-3 days. Now I know this isn't what the title says, but since I'm writing a few other questions I thought I would throw this in too. So what would everyone suggest i run for components? I want clarity but loud at the same time. Possibly Alpine type-r's or something????

Anyway, onto what the title says. Now i know there's probably a few posts about similar things, but seeing as all my tags i would search for are under 4 characters, i can't do a search.

So i'm not sure what to upgrade to, I know I want to go to a sort of un-heard of around here but still wikced good and reliable company, so i was thinking FI. The btl's are kind of out of my price range, so i was thinking i would go with the BL series. But what size? I have 12's now, but kind of want to get better low bass. So i was thinking maybe two 15's instead of 12's? What does everyone think? I would also not like to take up my entire cargo area, which is another reason why i'm leaning towards the 12's. Also what amp works well with these subs, ive read that the RF T1000.1bd works well? should i run those or something different? One last thing, would i have to upgrade anything like my alternator or anything? I would like to stay away from extra batteries and what not if possible.

Any help on these topics would be greatly appreciated for a sort of new comer to the car audio thing.

Tanner

"There's no replacement for displacement"

89 Cadillac Eldorado

Custom two tone paint

2 12" Audiobahn Alum Q woofers

2 Audiobahn A8000T amps

2 Audiobahn Capacitors

Alpine Headunit

Guest Nismofreak

how much money you got...I would look into dd, hifonics, or autotek for amps....I would put 2 15 on 1,600rms..I ain't a rf fan so.....but if you got money.....dd...

how much money you got....the type r are great comps...so clean...I like mb cuzz they all kinds of music with a good melody....lol..

My budget's probably gonna be around $1800-2000.

"There's no replacement for displacement"

89 Cadillac Eldorado

Custom two tone paint

2 12" Audiobahn Alum Q woofers

2 Audiobahn A8000T amps

2 Audiobahn Capacitors

Alpine Headunit

2 15" BL's fully loaded -$700

Hifonics collossus -$650

Knukonceptz wiring -$100

2 Spare walmart deep cycles in back -$140

Some decent yet cheap comps. -$150-200?