Just saw my doc today and he said to lose 30 pounds because my blood pressure is too high. So I just ordered 30 days worth of high protein meal replacement shakes. I'm going to detox, the last time I lost 25 pounds in one month. I do go visit the gym once in a full moon, but I don't make my own shakes. It just cost me about $200 for 30 days supply!

Your kidneys will be fine unless you are overweight, and or have some type of pre-existing condition with your kidneys. I was a gym rat but since I got married and had 2 kids I don't go to the gym as much anymore. It's bad for your health, too much eye candy to get you into trouble.

Drink plenty of water and don't overdue the supplements! People who do have problems like Kidney Stones and Liver Damage from drinking too much protein shakes or taking supplements already have pre-existing liver conditions; otherwise it has been proven that protein shakes won't damage your liver or kidneys.

Don't take my word for it, I'm no MD but studied the subject matter in great depths and detail. Been there and done that too, shakes are better for you than eating all this man made crap, well the good tasting crap btw is bad for your kidneys. I still eat it even I know it puts on a few pounds. Got to enjoy life while your still breathing, no need to wait for tomorrow, for it may never come!

I was going to be a PT aka personal trainer, got my training and schooling done; nobody wants to pay someone in this economy to train them. Besides, I still have my nutrition certificate and PT Cert! I love too eat hence the losing of 30 pounds.

so i believe so far iv had two drinks both with 2 eggs in them each blended up. is it bad to eat that much or am i fine?

Two eggs per day will not raise your cholesterol as previous taught! In fact Eating two eggs a day could help you lose weight and cut cholesterol levels, say researchers. I used to have high cholesterol from eating too much Trans fats and high total fat content meats. I still eat around 16 - 20 eggs a week and my cholesterol levels are fine. It's the red meat that is bad, but you can read research papers about having 2 eggs a day on the net. I don't eat raw eggs even if blended up, because the protein in raw eggs is only 51% bio-available, whereas that of a cooked egg is nearer 91% bio-available.

I loved boiled eggs, quick protein and no need for butter to add to your diet! BON APPETIT

well that still doesnt sound bad at all.

Too much protein can cause problems with your kidneys and such yes. I wouldn't go for more than 2 grams of protein per pound of body weight. I've known a few people who have done much more and go have suffered with things like kidney stones. When you're cutting, about no more than 40% of your calorie intake should be protein. That's the max you should ever ever take. When your bulking, about 25-30%.

I'll find a few bodybuilding articles on the subject.

Too much protein can cause problems with your kidneys and such yes. I wouldn't go for more than 2 grams of protein per pound of body weight. I've known a few people who have done much more and go have suffered with things like kidney stones. When you're cutting, about no more than 40% of your calorie intake should be protein. That's the max you should ever ever take. When your bulking, about 25-30%.

alright cool! thanks for the advice. i have no idea how many grams of protein is in one large egg uncooked but il have to google it.

Just saw my doc today and he said to lose 30 pounds because my blood pressure is too high. So I just ordered 30 days worth of high protein meal replacement shakes. I'm going to detox, the last time I lost 25 pounds in one month. I do go visit the gym once in a full moon, but I don't make my own shakes. It just cost me about $200 for 30 days supply!

Your kidneys will be fine unless you are overweight, and or have some type of pre-existing condition with your kidneys. I was a gym rat but since I got married and had 2 kids I don't go to the gym as much anymore. It's bad for your health, too much eye candy to get you into trouble.

Drink plenty of water and don't overdue the supplements! People who do have problems like Kidney Stones and Liver Damage from drinking too much protein shakes or taking supplements already have pre-existing liver conditions; otherwise it has been proven that protein shakes won't damage your liver or kidneys.

Don't take my word for it, I'm no MD but studied the subject matter in great depths and detail. Been there and done that too, shakes are better for you than eating all this man made crap, well the good tasting crap btw is bad for your kidneys. I still eat it even I know it puts on a few pounds. Got to enjoy life while your still breathing, no need to wait for tomorrow, for it may never come!

I was going to be a PT aka personal trainer, got my training and schooling done; nobody wants to pay someone in this economy to train them. Besides, I still have my nutrition certificate and PT Cert! I love too eat hence the losing of 30 pounds.

hey man this is exactly what happen to me I was a gym junkie but after I got together and had 2 kid I dont work out as much, lol

but yeah man protien shakes arent bad I used to drink 4 protien shakes double scoop two and plus I used to force my self drink 2 weight gain shakes more I used to pig on chicken,tuna,eggs,beans rice meat ... alot of stuff I always would buy supplements to like creatin,alot of anabolic pills I used to spend like 800 a month on all this I used to live,breath,eat working out but after 5 years my passion faded ,mostly cause of wife, kids ,work and my new passion car audio ,im still very self conscious of what I eat though, I miss those days :(

alright cool! thanks for the advice. i have no idea how many grams of protein is in one large egg uncooked but il have to google it.

14g of protein I believe is the average for a quality grade A large egg. Adding an egg is a nice way to add protein to your diet and increase you hdl (good cholesterol) and lowers your bad cholesterol.

Edit: 6ish is right, thanks Orion, I wasn't thinking right.

Edited by tonedeaf

14g of protein I believe is the average for a quality grade A large egg. Adding an egg is a nice way to add protein to your diet and increase you hdl (good cholesterol) and lowers your bad cholesterol.

14 grams? Not quite, its about 6-7 each whole large egg.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Didn't really read your first post, but may I ask as to why you dont use protein powder? A homemade protein shake is nowhere near the amount of protein powder you need to gain mass, seeing as how low the protein is and the lack of basic amino acids that many powders have. Not to mention if you are using refined sugar you are really doing the opposite of what your really wanting. And with the cost of eggs, it probably wouldn't be much of a price difference. A quality protein powder will help you in the long run.

very interesting, I havent been a gym rat since high school, that was 20+ yrs ago lol, I have recently quit smoking and want to gain mass and get a abit healthier, soo point this old man in the right direction.

I love eggs, chicken and tuna, and peanut butter, so I was thinking of just sticking to that, but tonedeaf made a good point about amino acids, soo whats a quality protien powder?

I'm in the same position as david except I'm in my early 20's

I have been reading a ton on the body building forums section but seams they just go in circles there

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.