Second Skin Audio

Configuring Cubic Feet.

I haven't been to sleep in a while so I might just be totally retarded right now but I'm really confused about configuring cubic feet. Math is one of my worst subjects either way so I invite yall to be my tutor for today. The Box Tuning Calculator I've acquired from this site tells me a box which is 18" high, 32.7" wide, and 20" deep is 5.51 cu. ft. (gross/net volume). But if I convert these measurements into feet, 1.5', 2.7', and 1.6', then multiply them together I get 6.48 cu. ft. idonteven.jpg

lengthxwidthxheight/1728

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

gross and net volume are differnet things too.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Now I feel stupid but I didn't have my port dimensions entered/accounted for and that's why my calculations were a lot higher than expected, I believe that was the root of my problems. Thanks for the replies, I'm going to retreat to the dunce hole again :peepwall:

One more thing before I retreat to dumb-ville please! I have a question about where the best placement for a subwoofer would be in terms of, in the middle of the box or as close to the port as I can go, I'll include some awesome pictures to show what I mean.

#1, port on left side, sub placed in middle of box.

MlPwts.jpg

#2, port on left side, sub placed close to port.

UCOOSs.jpg

Well, i can´t say this is a constant, but depends on the size of the front baffle (wide of the box) , if it´s not too wide then on the center of the baffle is more than ok, but when the box is wide as hell, i have gotten better results with option #2 if it´s a L shape port, if it´s a straight port i´ve gotten better results with the sub as far right as i can, maybe i´m mistaken but that´s what my testings have showed me so far...

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Archived